CEI-Boulos Capital Management, LLC (CEI-Boulos) is seeking a motivated and skilled real estate investment professional for the role of Vice President. This role is designed to help manage and expand the company’s investment funds focused on making high-impact commercial real estate projects across the country. The?position is based out of Portland and Brunswick, Maine but does provide the possibility for fully remote or a hybrid working arrangement, in collaboration with the management team, depending on circumstances. As part of the CEI-Boulos team, the successful applicant will play a critical role in growing the company’s investment portfolio and overall operations.
Who we are:
CEI-Boulos Capital Management (www.ceiboulos.com) is a rapidly growing, boutique commercial real estate investment fund management company focused on delivering both competitive financial returns and social impact?in the communities we serve. The company serves banks, family offices, and other institutional investors, and has a national scope. Areas of the company’s specialization include Opportunity Zones investments and?Community Reinvestment Act (CRA)?qualified investments. The company makes tailored, high-impact, leadership investments guided by our fund investors’ core criteria.
CEI-Boulos is an innovative joint venture between two long-standing and respected organizations, forging a unique team representing divergent and complementary skills and perspectives:
- Coastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI), one of the nation’s most successful, experienced, and innovative community development finance institutions. Learn more about CEI here.
CEI | Innovation and investment in rural America. (ceimaine.org)
- The Boulos Company, one of New England’s most successful integrated commercial real estate firms with broad experience in capital markets and real estate development
CEI-Boulos’s objective is to deliver attractive risk-adjusted returns from investments in commercial real estate projects with positive social and environmental impacts. The company targets redevelopment and new construction of commercial properties such as multi-family, mixed-use, office, retail, hospitality, and industrial. Targeted impacts include:
- Projects that help create good, meaningful jobs?for low-income people and communities
- Affordable and workforce housing
- Main Street revitalization/historic preservation developments
- Developments that serve non-profit organizations
- Environmentally sustainable?focused real estate developments
What we believe:
- We believe it is possible for a for-profit business to have a positive social impact and serve important community needs.
- We believe that an engaging and supportive work environment advances our work and mission.
- We believe in utilizing the varied talents of our staff and in providing continual opportunities for development.
- We believe in open communication, innovation, integrity, trust, and autonomy.
- We believe in equity and strive to create a culture where diverse people feel a sense of ownership and belonging, where they can be their authentic self.
Who we are seeking:
- You bring a varied set of abilities, skills, and interests applicable to running a commercial real estate investment fund management company, including deal sourcing and deal analysis, asset management, writing and general communication, and business development.
- You bring diverse perspectives and approaches to the team, enjoy the opportunity to collaborate with people from a wide range of backgrounds, sectors, and identities, and foster strong relationships with colleagues, investors, project developers, and community leaders.
- You want your work to contribute to positive social, environmental and community impacts.
- You believe in delivering high quality work product and go to work every day ready to give 100%.
- You are tenacious, curious and results driven.
- You have strong time management, critical thinking, and organizational skills.
- You have strong people skills.
- You have a keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- You bring an ability to operate in a high intensity, professional setting,
- You thrive under tight deadlines.
Some of the key responsibilities in this role may include but are not limited to:
- Sourcing, analyzing,?and?underwriting?investments in?high-impact commercial real estate projects which meet?criteria related to?financial return and social and environmental impact, including?investments?that are?eligible under the?Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) and investments?located in Opportunity Zones
- Developing investment opportunity pipelines?and building relationships and networks related to?sourcing potential investments
- Performing?financial analysis on potential investments,?including analyzing?and building financial proformas
- Producing and analyzing commercial real estate market studies?for targeted investment geographies?and?performing other due diligence related to potential investments
- Negotiating investment term sheets and investment operating agreements
- Writing investment memos and social impact memos?and presenting proposed investments to the CEI-Boulos board of directors?and?affiliated investment committees and social impact advisory boards
- Assisting in the ongoing management of the company’s investment portfolio, including tracking the financial performance of investments?and updating project proformas, participating in update calls with project sponsors,?and contributing to asset management reports
- Playing an active?role in investor relations, including helping create reports for investors?and participating in meetings
- Assisting in fundraising of?new managed funds, including identifying and vetting opportunities for capital, producing marketing materials, and assisting in fundraising pitches
- Communicating with a wide range of constituencies, including fund investors, developers, community development organizations, and other relevant partners and groups
Preferred candidates will have:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree with some preference for candidates with an MBA degree or another relevant advanced degree or comparable professional experience.
- Experience and demonstrated skill in underwriting potential investments, including financial analysis,?market research, and other types of due diligence; experience or familiarity with structures and operating agreements related to commercial real estate investment
- Experience and demonstrated skill in analyzing and synthesizing data from a variety of data sources.
- Experience or Interest in impact investing.
- Excellent written, communication, and people skills.
- Ability to work as a member of a team made up people with diverse personalities and perspectives.
- Outstanding work ethic and interest in personally contributing to helping to build a rapidly growing fund management company.
Compensation is commensurate with knowledge, experience, and skill level. This is a full-time position with competitive benefits and time off. The?position is based out of Portland and Brunswick, Maine but does provide the possibility for fully remote or a hybrid working arrangement, in collaboration with the management team, depending on circumstances. CEI-Boulos continues to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and updates our office protocols following guidance from the state and federal CDC.
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter and current resume to:
Attention: Sam Spencer, CEO and Managing Director, CEI-Boulos Capital Management
CEI-Boulos Capital Management, LLC is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture and workforce reflective of our mission, values, and communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or ability status, familial status, or genetic information