Northern Light Acadia Hospital
Department: Integrated Behavioral Health
Position is located: Acadia
Work Type:Full Time
FTE: 0.250000 (10hrs)
Work Schedule: TBD
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to join a growing team of integrated behavioral health providers, bringing tools and resources into the primary care practice to support the health of the community. The Integrated LCSW position provides a great opportunity to use evidence-based knowledge and acquired skills as a key member of a dynamic, collaborative team in an integrated primary care setting. As a clinical leader, consultant and resource at the medical practice, the integrated clinician participates in program development, guides group decision-making, implements plans, and improves quality of care. They are an enthusiastic learner who actively seeks research and knowledge to ensure delivery of evidence based practice while adhering to key components of our integrated behavioral health model.
Check out what it is like working at Northern Light Acadia Hospital :
Conducts psychiatric and psychosocial evaluations and plans/implements evidence-based therapeutic treatment in the form of individual, group and family therapy within assigned program setting to reduce psychiatric symptoms and improve functional capacity among patients.
May provide supervision to bachelor’s and master’s-level students, bachelor-level employees and conditionally/fully licensed clinicians as assigned.
Active State of Maine LCSW or eligibility to obtain required.
- Completes comprehensive, diagnostic evaluations by collecting data which enables the identification of potential therapeutic targets for active treatment.
- Develops initial master treatment plan and updates in collaboration with the patient and within established timeframes that identify effective interventions to achieve outcomes, and accommodate the patient’s developmental level, motivation, health/spiritual beliefs, functional capabilities, and strengths.
- Implements individual, group and family therapy interventions that are evidence-based and are consistent with service plan and developmental level and needs of patient to elicit therapeutic change.
- Modifies interventions based on continual assessment of the patient’s response to treatment.
- Articulates anticipated treatment outcomes that are patient oriented, evidence based, therapeutically sound, realistic, attainable and measurable.
- Completes documentation that reflects evidence-based practices, active patient involvement in care, attention to objective outcomes and identification of any barriers to treatment progress.
- Maintains a safe environment complying with NLH policies and procedures, reports and directly addresses environmental hazards and violations of patient safety policy and/or protocol when involved or observed.
- Continually seeks to develop professionally by providing didactic clinician and interdisciplinary trainings within identified specialty areas.
- Functions as an informal leader within program area and larger hospital by providing ongoing feedback to colleagues on evidence-based practices and outcome
Northern Light Acadia Hospital:
Northern Light Acadia Hospital is an acute care, regional psychiatric hospital in Bangor, Maine that is a leader in the provision of tele-psychiatry services, including consultations to regional emergency departments and primary care practices. Northern Light Acadia Hospital offers innovative programming in the form of a behavioral home health, integrated behavioral healthcare in primary care practices, and a geriatric mood and memory clinic, which is involved in multiple clinical trials for promising Alzheimer's medications. The hospital is the sole corporate member of Northern Light Acadia Healthcare that provides a substance use disorder treatment program, case management services, and other outpatient mental health services in Penobscot, Waldo, and Knox counties. Northern Light Acadia Healthcare is the sole member of Restorative Health, LLC that operates an outpatient mental health clinic in Bangor. Northern Light Acadia Hospital is a member of Northern Light Health, an integrated statewide health delivery system that is raising the bar with no-nonsense solutions that are leading the way to a healthier future for our state. Northern Light Health offers a broad range of providers and services, including nine hospitals, primary care and specialty physician practices, long-term care, home health and hospice agencies, and emergency ground and air transport.
Bangor, Maine is a vibrant small city with easy access to Maine's spectacular coast, mountains, and lakes. Schools rank among New England's best with the flagship campus of the University of Maine located in the neighboring town of Orono. Bangor serves as the regional hub for medicine, the arts, and commerce. Bangor International Airport offers direct and one-stop service to most major destinations.
Equal Opportunity Employment:
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status