Northern Light Maine Coast Hospital
Position is located: Northern Light Maine Coast Hospital
Work Type: Pool / Per Diem
Work Schedule: Variable
Under the direction of the Manager, Radiology, the CT/Radiologist Technologist performs a variety of imaging procedures, including CT procedures and is responsible for patient safety protocols. Functions as the first line interface with customers in the successful accomplishment of their imaging needs.
- Responsible for the care and safety of patients undergoing treatment and use of equipment to minimize hazards of electric shock, burns and extraneous radiation to patients.
- Correlates clinical history with the test performed.
- Determines most suitable anatomical posture and positions and shields patients accordingly.
- Responsible for safe handling of equipment.
- Instructs and prepares patients for mammography examinations.
- Accurately completes patient assessment forms.
- Able to assess patient pain interfering with imaging procedure – makes appropriate physician contact for intervention.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Makes special radiographic examinations requiring special equipment and procedures relating to mammography such as: needle localizations, magnification views, spot compression views and post-surgical examinations.
- Ability to complete all phases of processing the exam to include loading patient demographics, imaging, processing images and transferring images to PACS.
- Adheres to prescribed standards for Radiation Safety.
- Works directly with patients, mammography staff, surgeons, and radiologist to ensure the best quality patient care.
- Transports patients, specimens, and instruments to their proper destinations.
- Responsible for machine and room cleanup after procedures.
- Ensures result letters are printed and mailed in a timely fashion.
- Processes laser printed x-ray film.
- Practices medical and surgical aseptic techniques/procedures.
- Assists in maintaining basic records and reports.
- Assists in maintaining files.
- Assists the mammography supervisor regarding any scheduling conflicts or changes that may arise.
- Assists in training students and ancillary personnel.
- Performs highest quality imaging consistent with prescribed examination; documents and deviation.
- Interacts professional with patient/family.
- Understands and practices proper use of all equipment, never operates equipment inconsistent with manufacturer’s instruction.
- Completes all work before clocking out and leaving. This includes all patient examinations, paperwork and checking with appropriate personnel and departments.
- Provides care appropriate to condition and age of patient, including pediatric, geriatric and general population.
- Cleans and makes minor adjustments to equipment.
- Accepts and acts upon constructive criticism to upgrade abilities.
- Offers assistance and/or instruction to coworkers.
- Participates in community events to help educate patients and community.
- Demonstrates knowledge of new equipment in Department.
- Adheres to Attendance and Punctuality Policy which includes but is not limited to:
- Reporting to work on time and when scheduled
- Taking breaks per policy
- Requesting time off with appropriate lead time
- Maintains and is responsible for QA and MQSA data.
- Assists director with development and implementation of policies and protocols to assure compliance with regulatory bodies.
Licensed as Radiologic Technologist Required.
Competencies and skills:
* Achieves Results: Sets high standards for their own outcomes and seizes opportunities to engage others towards objectives. Consistently moves forward with direct actions in order to attain or exceed objectives. Manages their own time effectively to accomplish assigned tasks. Successfully prioritizes multiple projects and duties as needed.
* Demonstrates Adaptability: Learns quickly when facing a new problem or unfamiliar task; is flexible in their approach with changing priorities and ambiguity. Manages change effectively and does not give up during adversity. Capable of changing one's behavioral style and/or views in order to attain a goal. Absorbs new information readily and puts it into practice effectively.
* Demonstrates Emotional Intelligence: Exhibits a high level of self-awareness, self-management, other awareness and relationship management. Conducts themselves in an empathic, appropriate way, with a sense of humor and stimulates a collaborative work environment. Is respectful of the attitudes, feelings, or circumstances of others and aware of the influence of their own behavior on them. Is aware of relevant social, political, system, and professional trends and developments and uses this information for the organization's benefit.
* Effectively Communicates: Listens, speaks and writes appropriately, using clear language. Communication methods are fitting to the message(s), audience, and situation and follow-ups are regular and timely. Shows that important (non-) verbal information is absorbed and understood and asks further questions to clarify when necessary. Expresses ideas and views clearly to others and has ability to adjust use of language to the audiences' level.
* Exercises Sound Judgment & Decision Making: Understands and processes complex information, which allows for appropriate and accountable conclusions. Does not react too quickly or slowly. Balances facts, goals, and potential approaches taking the appropriate criteria into account. Makes active decisions and commits oneself by communicating confidently and respectfully.
* Influences and Inspires: Builds enthusiasm and commitment among others to move in a desired direction and models it personally. Creates a compelling vision of success that motivates workplace initiative and energizes others to follow. Provides direction and guidance to encourage cooperation between team members in order to attain an objective. Has the ability to appropriately influence others' actions and decisions with and without express authority.
* No previous experience required.
* Promotes Health and Safety: Promotes a healthy and safe environment for patients, employees and visitors. Advocates and models healthy physical and mental health behaviors even in challenging circumstances. Sets high quality standards and strives for continuous improvement and quality assurance by reporting and encouraging others to report near misses and safety issues.
* Resolves Conflict: Promptly acts to find alternatives/solutions when team members disagree. Addresses issues in a direct, honest, and appropriate manner. Handles conflicting interests diplomatically and helps to solve them. Transforms difficult situations into teachable moments using respect and accountability .
* Seeks Process Improvement & Applies System Thinking: Possesses and gains insight into situations, problems and processes. Understands the interconnection between organizational elements. Deconstructs problems and systematically investigates the various components. Considers the impact of actions on the entire process/system. Detects problems and opportunities, recognizes important information, and links various data to trace potential causes and relevant details.
* Utilizes Resources Effectively: Understands how to get the most out of available resources and uses cost-benefit thinking in decision-making and in setting priorities. Monitors and analyzes resource usage to identify and eliminate areas of waste and maximize resources. As a leader, defines targets and provides appropriate means; oversees progress and makes adjustments when necessary. Appropriately delegates work, sets clear direction and manages workflow and time.
* Radiologic Tech-Radiographer
* High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
* Extend body and limbs to reach items.
* Lifting, moving and loading over 50 pounds.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status