The NorDx Phlebotomy School is designed to provide students with the clinical knowledge and competency to become a highly skilled Phlebotomist and the opportunity to earn while you learn! This 6-week course, starting October 28th will emphasize:
* Anatomy of the circulatory system
* Phlebotomy techniques and blood collection
* Customer service skills
* Regulatory, ethical, and legal Issues
* Standard precautions, infection control and workplace safety
* Specimen processing
* Order entry
* Clinical rotation
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
* Minimum High School education required. Must be a minimum age of 18 years old to be eligible.
* Working knowledge of word processing software (e.g. Word) and demonstrated ability to learn and work efficiently with a variety of computer applications/systems as well as the ability to learn and work efficiently with a variety of laboratory computer systems.
* Oral and written communication needs to be professional, clear and concise.
* Successfully demonstrates competencies in the position in accordance with the established assessment for the position.
* Must be able to work any shift, holiday and/or weekend as needed.
* Must be able to travel among company sites as needed.
* Able to commit to working with NorDx after successfully completing program for minimum of 18 months.