Northern Light Blue Hill Hospital
Department: Cardiology Clinic
Position is located:Blue Hill Cardiology
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
To provide clinical support for the medical practitioners. The Clinical Assistant assists the practitioner in the performance of medical procedures, conducts follow up with patients on lab and test results, screens patient calls as needed, performs phlebotomy work, and manages the patient record. Acts as liaison between patient, hospital, other providers, and the practitioners.
- Dresses appropriately.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient, donor and employee information.
- Collects, reviews and documents patient's current health status and history according to standard. Chart prep protocol is done prior to visit.
- Performs and documents clinical/nurse visits per office workflow.
- Orders, and/or inventories all state-supplied immunizations as delegated. Immunizations are stored and documented per state requirements.
- Prepares lab specimens for transport.
- Follows office workflows.
- Participated in quality control/performance improvement activities.
- Observes safety rules/regulations/policies and procedures.
- Proper use of BHMH property and equipment.
- Is knowledgeable in preparing patients to be seen in the practice.
- Performs and documents results of point of care testing and appropriate interventions.
- Performs ongoing patient screening, planning and implementation of patient care by effectively implementing the care.
- Coordinates patient educational materials and ensures their availability.
- Observes Standard Protocols for Infection Control.
- Participation in PCMH/ACO/MU measures.
- Participates in annual mandatory inservice.
- Maintains qualifications.
Clinical Assistant: High School Diploma 1 year experience in a health care setting. (i.e.: CNA, ophthalmology practice, dental assistant)
Medical Assistant: High school diploma or GED. Successful completion of a Medical Assistant program
Certified Medical Assistant: Certified RMA, NCMA, NHA, CCMA. or AAMA
* High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status