Pediatric Specialty Care Gastroenterology is looking for an experienced RN to join an innovative team of RN's, MA's, MD's and an NP. We are looking for someone that is passionate about patient education and is constantly striving to improve care. Pediatric experience is preferred
Under the direction of physicians, this position is responsible for assisting with total patient care by performing clinical duties, responding to patient telephone inquiries, and coordinating care both at the office and at outside facilities. An Ambulatory Care RN II is the competent nurse who has at least one year of professional nursing experience in acute or ambulatory care.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Completion of nursing training from an accredited school of nursing.
- License/Certifications: Active State of Maine Nursing License or eligible for licensure. BSN preferred. Current BLS required.
- Experience: Minimum one year nursing experience required.
- Knowledge of nursing processes; health care systems, structure and functions; and community resources.
- Knowledge of chart/medical record documentation requirements and federal/state laws related to release of health care information.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary for interacting with patients, physicians, supervisors and other staff.
- Skill in time management, problem solving, multitasking, prioritizing and medical care coordination.
- Ability to read and interpret physicians orders and notes from other providers.
- Ability to calculate and administer drug dosages and injections and measure results.
- Ability to organize and accomplish multiple tasks and to have the flexibility to meet changing demands on a daily basis.
- Ability to maintain a professional manner even under stressful situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Adhere to all RN I requirements
- In accordance with the Ambulatory Care Nursing Advancement Program, a RN II who meets or exceeds all of the criteria and requirements at the 12 month performance evaluation date may apply for RN III designation.