Northern Light Pharmacy
Department: Central Fill
Position is located: 401 North Main Street
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Variable
Paid out once Pharmacy Technician license is obtained
Current employees of any Northern Light Member Organizations or those with service break less than one year are not eligible for sign-on bonus
This is an entry level position. Pharmacy Technician I is an essential member of the staff at Miller Drug. Technicians provide support for multiple facets of the operations of the Pharmacy, including exceptional customer service, answer phone in a timely manner, patient interaction, data entry, prescription preparation and sales of prescriptions, other merchandise, stock, order and maintain front store product.
- Provides excellent customer service and answers the phone in a timely manner (within 3 rings)
- Collect pertinent information from customers in order to assist in the efficient processing of prescriptions
- Maintains OTC area, including stocking shelves, cleaning and pricing
- Efficiently and accurately process transactions through the Point of Sale system including signatures, HIPAA and identity confirmation, accurate handing of cash
- Requires supervision by pharmacist and relies on Pharmacy Technicians II and III for questions
- Demonstrate basic understanding of the prescription filling process
- Position intended for learning and potential advancement to Technician II the approval/recommendation of the pharmacist in charge and business needs.
- Knowledge of pharmacy management and POS systems
- Prepare for and participate in inventory count preparation and processed as required (cycle counts)
- Receive, transmit and verify inventory replenishment orders or credit return requests
- Remove outdated or recalled products in a timely fashion for return to the appropriate vendor and ensure the credit for return merchandize is optimized
- Alert manager to any problems or situations as they occur and enlist his/her help if necessary
- Maintain clean and adequate inventory levels of supplies
- A pharmacy technician may engage in the practice of pharmacy at a pharmacy only under the direct supervision of a pharmacist as defined in Chapter 1, Section 14 of the board’s rules.
- The assignment of any of the duties listed below to a pharmacy technician lies within the discretion of the pharmacist on duty as dictated by Maine Pharmacy Law:
- Acceptance of an original or renewal prescription drug order
Competencies and skills:
* Achieves Results: Sets high standards for their own outcomes and seizes opportunities to engage others towards objectives. Consistently moves forward with direct actions in order to attain or exceed objectives. Manages their own time effectively to accomplish assigned tasks. Successfully prioritizes multiple projects and duties as needed.
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Demonstrates Adaptability: Learns quickly when facing a new problem or unfamiliar task; is flexible in their approach with changing priorities and ambiguity. Manages change effectively and does not give up during adversity. Capable of changing one's behavioral style and/or views in order to attain a goal. Absorbs new information readily and puts it into practice effectively.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Word processing, spreadsheets, data entry, database experience and other computer related skills.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* Pharmacy Technician
* High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
* Need to drive to perform responsible duties.
* Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
* Extend body and limbs to reach items.
* Lifting, moving and loading 30 to 50 pounds.
* Continuous sitting.
* Continuous standing.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status