Maine Medical Center Operational Excellence (Op Ex) is a dynamic, fast-paced quality and safety program that spans the breadth of our tertiary care academic healthcare organization.
The MMC Op Ex summer intern will assist with:
-Preparing quality and safety storyboards for presentation/publication
-Organizing logistics for the annual MMC Op Ex Celebration
-Facilitating MMC Daily Executive Huddle and Gemba Walks
-Conducting quality control and correction for program-based KPI Boards across our organization
The ideal candidate will be at the post-graduate student level with a strong interest in healthcare.
We are looking for motivated individuals who are interested in gaining valuable, hands-on experience and making a real difference while working within the healthcare field. MaineHealth interns will have the exciting opportunity to work, learn, and develop their skills at the largest healthcare organization in Maine. Interns provide administrative and project support within their department, and are valued members of each department team
The MaineHealth Internship Program will run from June 3rd – August 9th 2019.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Student who is currently enrolled in a four-year degree program in pursuit of a Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong analytical thinking.
- Must work independently, take initiative to complete assigned projects with minimal direction, and be able to prioritize tasks within an assigned project.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in the performance of duties.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and other technologies as needed.