Department: Dementia Unit
Position is located: Lakewood Cont Care Center
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: 6:30a to 3:00p
$1,750 Sign on Bonus eligible. Payable in increments with a time commitment. Current Northern Light Employees - not eligible.
Provides direct and in-direct patient care under direction of nursing staff. Performs duties such as feed, bathe, dress, groom, or move patients, or change linens. May transfer or transport patients.
- Communicates and interacts with patients and families, physicians, peers and other health care members to maximize successful customer outcomes and maximize function of the unit.
- Precepts team members to job function
- Orients patient to hospital environment and routine
- Attends and serves on one unit committee or educational peer opportunity to improve quality and/or engagement.
- Documents all aspects of patient care in a timely manner.
- Participates in unit quality improvement initiatives.
- Communicates appropriate information and patient needs to oncoming staff at change of shift and to RN in a timely manner for follow up.
- Provides care in accordance with the patient's plan of care.
- Label and Delivers specimens per policy.
- Maintains a safe environment complying with NLH policies and procedures; reports and directly addresses environmental hazards and violations of patient safety policy and/or protocol when involved or observed.
- May perform other duties upon request.
Competencies and skills:
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Demonstrates Adaptability: Learns quickly when facing a new problem or unfamiliar task; is flexible in their approach with changing priorities and ambiguity. Manages change effectively and does not give up during adversity. Capable of changing one's behavioral style and/or views in order to attain a goal. Absorbs new information readily and puts it into practice effectively.
* No previous experience required.
* Provides Patient-Centered Care: Demonstrates understanding of patient care quality and service as organizational priority. Proactively supports change to improve patient experience and results. Exhibits the ability and willingness to find out what the patient wants and needs and to act accordingly, taking the organizational and outside resources into account. Cooperates, collaborates, communicates, and integrates care within and between teams to ensure that care is continuous and reliable.
* Certified Nursing Assistant
* High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
* Lifting, moving and loading 30 to 50 pounds.
* Alternate shift schedules (day, evening, nights, weekends).
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status