Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center
Department: OB-GYN Clinic
Position is located: Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center
Work Type: PRN - as needed
Work Schedule: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
POSITION SUMMARY: The sonographer is responsible for coordinating the patient flow to obtain requested imaging studies in a fast paced environment. This is achieved through order verification, Quality Assurance of the imaging equipment, proper patient identification and obtaining appropriate imaging following approved policies and protocols. This is to include proper patient preparation and education which may begin prior to the patient arrival. The sonographer may be involved in part of a procedural team.
- Performs age-specific echocardiographic examinations for all age groups which include infancy, pediatrics, adults and geriatrics
- Obtain diagnostic recordings of cardiac ultrasonography images and Doppler hemodynamic data
- Must maintain 30 CME's per triennium
Competencies and skills:
* Develops Self and Others: Takes responsibility for engaging in professional self-development activities and programs. Strives to gain insight into their own values, strengths and weaknesses, interests and ambitions and takes action in order to enhance competencies and skills when possible. As a leader, encourages and guides employees towards growth opportunities to enhance performance and help them reach goals. Reviews and analyzes employees' strengths and weaknesses to distinguish their talents and development needs, and to ensure they are enhanced appropriately.
* Exercises Sound Judgment & Decision Making: Understands and processes complex information, which allows for appropriate and accountable conclusions. Does not react too quickly or slowly. Balances facts, goals, and potential approaches taking the appropriate criteria into account. Makes active decisions and commits oneself by communicating confidently and respectfully.
* No previous experience required.
* Provides Patient-Centered Care: Demonstrates understanding of patient care quality and service as organizational priority. Proactively supports change to improve patient experience and results. Exhibits the ability and willingness to find out what the patient wants and needs and to act accordingly, taking the organizational and outside resources into account. Cooperates, collaborates, communicates, and integrates care within and between teams to ensure that care is continuous and reliable.
* Seeks Process Improvement & Applies System Thinking: Possesses and gains insight into situations, problems and processes. Understands the interconnection between organizational elements. Deconstructs problems and systematically investigates the various components. Considers the impact of actions on the entire process/system. Detects problems and opportunities, recognizes important information, and links various data to trace potential causes and relevant details.
* Serves Others: Strives to understand, meet and exceed the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers which may include the people and communities in our service areas. Develops and maintains relationships, alliances and coalitions within and outside the organization and leverages them in order to obtain information, support, and promote cooperation and collaboration.
Credentials: current registry or registry eligible
* High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED) and successful completion of sonography program
* Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
* Lifting, moving and loading 20 to 30 pounds.
* Continuous sitting.
* Continuous walking.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status