Northern Light Home Care and Hospice
Department: Hospice - Ellsworth
Position is located: Northern Light Home Care and Hospice Ellsworth
Work Type: Part Time Eligible
Hours: 24 hours per week
Work Schedule: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
The Bereavement Coordinator is responsible for the development and coordination of all bereavement services. The Bereavement Coordinator provides support services to volunteers via education and support groups within VNA's service area. The Bereavement Coordinator is responsible for contributing to community outreach and education efforts and works in concert with other client care team members. The Bereavement Coordinator serves as a liaison between VNA and other health care organizations and participates in related community planning. The Bereavement Coordinator participates in development, marketing, and outreach to promote bereavement services. The Bereavement Coordinator collaborates with the Volunteer Coordinator who provides direction and supervision to all volunteers. Performance reflects the mission and values of VNA Home Health Hospice.
1. Bereavement Coordination- Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities to provide and oversee bereavement services in a given service area.
- Coordinates bereavement services to Hospice, Palliative and community based client families.
- Assesses for complexity of needs of bereaved family and friends.
- Assesses client and agency needs for bereavement services.
- Processes referrals and assigns cases consistent with Agency quality standards.
- Provides supportive visits and follow-up including other interventions, e.g., mailings, calls, etc.
- Coordinates grief support groups and collaborates with Volunteer Coordinator who supervises volunteer facilitators.
- Facilitates referrals to outside community supports as appropriate.
- Fosters relationships with community providers to develop policies/programs.
- Works in collaboration with managers to provide comprehensive care.
- Reviews documentation for adherence to Agency policy, appropriateness of service, professional standards of quality, and regulatory/accreditation requirements.
- Interprets and updates agency policies/procedures to volunteers, clients/families, and other community agencies.
- Collaborates with Volunteer Coordinator in developing effective bereavement volunteer staffing patterns and identifying service needs.
- Maintains and updates bereavement resource materials.
- Documents services provided.
- Creates service reports as needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to provide care to the age groups served.
2. Computer Processing- Demonstrates competency with excel and word processing.
- Utilizes appropriate data entry systems.
- Modifies word processing documents accurately.
- Prepares and utilizes spreadsheets as needed.
3. Performs additional duties as required or assigned.
Competencies and skills:
* 1+ years of relative work experience required.
* Achieves Results: Sets high standards for their own outcomes and seizes opportunities to engage others towards objectives. Consistently moves forward with direct actions in order to attain or exceed objectives. Manages their own time effectively to accomplish assigned tasks. Successfully prioritizes multiple projects and duties as needed.
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Demonstrates Adaptability: Learns quickly when facing a new problem or unfamiliar task; is flexible in their approach with changing priorities and ambiguity. Manages change effectively and does not give up during adversity. Capable of changing one's behavioral style and/or views in order to attain a goal. Absorbs new information readily and puts it into practice effectively.
* Demonstrates Emotional Intelligence: Exhibits a high level of self-awareness, self-management, other awareness and relationship management. Conducts themselves in an empathic, appropriate way, with a sense of humor and stimulates a collaborative work environment. Is respectful of the attitudes, feelings, or circumstances of others and aware of the influence of their own behavior on them. Is aware of relevant social, political, system, and professional trends and developments and uses this information for the organization's benefit.
* Effectively Communicates: Listens, speaks and writes appropriately, using clear language. Communication methods are fitting to the message(s), audience, and situation and follow-ups are regular and timely. Shows that important (non-) verbal information is absorbed and understood and asks further questions to clarify when necessary. Expresses ideas and views clearly to others and has ability to adjust use of language to the audiences' level.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Spreadsheet application with the ability to use calculations, formulas, graphing tools, pivot tables, and a macro programming.
* Word process application with the ability to create and edit documents, format, use tables, apply footnoting, create table of contents and mail merge techniques.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
Valid driver's license with reliable transportation and agency required auto liability insurance.
* Bachelor's Degree in a related field
* Potential exposure to abusive and/or aggressive people.
* Potential exposure to diseases or infections.
* Need to drive to perform responsible duties.
* Potential exposure to hazardous materials.
* Potential exposure to noise levels being uncomfortable.
* Potential exposure to noxious odors.
* Potential exposure to very hot or cold temperatures.
* Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
* Lifting, moving and loading less than 20 pounds.
* Continuous sitting.
* Alternate shift schedules (day, evening, nights, weekends).
* Continuous standing.
* Continuous walking.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status