Maine Medical Center is seeking an Acute Care Pharmacy Supervisor in Portland. The work hours are Monday through Friday, 3:00 pm – 11:30 pm; no weekend rotation . This position is 80% administration and 20% staffing. The role of the Acute Care Pharmacy Supervisor is to assist the Director of Acute Care Pharmacy Services with ensuring optimal pharmaceutical services are provided at Maine Medical Center. These services include, but are not limited to, procurement, storage, order review/verification, preparation, distribution, compounding, and monitoring of medications. The Pharmacy Supervisor is a member of the Pharmacy Leadership Team and provides supervision and leadership for Clinical Pharmacists, Pharmacist Coordinators, Pharmacy Technicians, and volunteers. This position will also oversee the day to day operations of the TelePharmacy Services program provided to other MaineHealth member hospitals currently utilizing the Epic sEHR system. S/he also fulfills the role of a Clinical Pharmacist, as needed.
- A Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree or Master’s in Hospital Pharmacy or Business Administration is preferred.
- In depth background in pharmacy operations and personnel management preferred.
- Experience in the development of programs focused on achieving positive outcome in the training and education of department personnel.
- An active Maine license as a registered pharmacist.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in hospital pharmacy preferred.
- Experience directly related to pharmacy service development and implementation.
- A general or specialized pharmacy residency and experience in a large academic medical center preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication and effective presentation skills utilizing various types of media.
- Knowledge of drug dosages, significant interactions, allergies and ability to apply the principles to specific patient related situations.
- Knowledge of rules, regulations, policies and laws pertaining to the preparation, storage, procurement, use and disposal of medications in the practice of Pharmacy.
About Maine Medical Center:
Maine Medical Center is a complete healthcare resource for the people of greater Portland, the entire state of Maine and northern New England. With a history dating back to 1864, Maine Medical Center is the state’s largest medical center and the flagship facility of MaineHealth, with 637 beds and more than 7,000 employees. In addition, we have achieved Magnet™ status in recognition of our commitment to the highest standards of nursing excellence. Maine Medical Center’s unique role as both a community hospital and a referral center requires an unparalleled depth and breadth of services, including the state’s only medical school, through a partnership with Tufts University School of Medicine, and a world-class biomedical research center, the Maine Medical Center Research Institute.
Inside and out, you’ll find what you’re looking for when you join Maine Medical Center. As the largest hospital in northern New England, MMC is committed to helping you grow professionally throughout your career. From tuition assistance and scholarships, to ongoing education, leadership training, mentoring and promotion opportunities, we offer the resources you need to achieve your career goals.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.