Schedule: Regular Full-time
Job Performance Requirements:
1. Performing comprehensive and problem focused history and physical exams, interpret and correlate laboratory and diagnostic procedures. Interpret and correlate subjective and objective data to formulate a differential diagnose and establish a working diagnosis. Formulate a treatment plan for Orthopaedic problems within scope of practice. Implement therapeutic intervention for specific conditions when appropriate. Exercise judgment on problems requiring consultation, referral, or evaluation by the supervising Orthopedic surgeon or other health care professionals.
2. Order, collect, and perform appropriate laboratory or diagnostic procedures, and studies including but not limited to blood and tissue specimens. Ordering or performing diagnostic studies such as but not limited to EMG, electrocardiogram, compartment pressure measurements, and x-ray examinations including special x-ray examinations CT, MRI, and bone scans etc.
3. Performing procedures such as but not limited to, digital blocks, regional anesthesia, and minor outpatient surgical procedures such as but not limited to: tendon repair, wound closure, wound management, wound debridement, incision and drainage, needle biopsy, percutaneous pinning of fractures, k-wire removal and hardware removal.
4. Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures including but not limited to joint and bursa aspirations, closed reduction of fractures and dislocations, injections of joints, tendons, trigger points and bursa, as well as brace, cast and splint applications.
5. Assist in surgery to include but not limited to first assist, deep and superficial tissue closures, application of appliances and any other action delegated by the surgeon. Conduct hospital, rounds, write orders, and take call for the Orthopaedic surgeon. Evaluate and clarify clinical conditions, formulate and implement a treatment or therapeutic plan for hospitalized patients, dictate discharge summaries, histories and physicals.
6. Order, prescribe, dispense, and administer Medication, orthosis, orthotics, braces and other Orthopaedic devices as may be allowed by state legislation.
7. Evaluate, screen and council patient on health maintenance and promote utilization of community resources.
B. Call Responsibilities:
Participate in four (4) weeknights and one (1) weekend (which includes Friday) per month.
Participate in all appropriate elements of the Performance Improvement Program of Maine Coast Memorial Hospital to include the Medical Staff Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement Plan.
Ensure the accurate and timely completion of medical and financial records necessary to:
1. comply with documentation requirements of active Maine Coast Memorial Hospital Medical Staff membership;
2. comply with state regulations and JC standards.
3. comply with the documentation requirements of the practice.
4. cooperate with Maine Coast Memorial Hospital practice management staff in appropriate record keeping and billing activities.
5. comply with quarterly record reviews
E. Training, Education, and Teaching:
Participate in educational activities of health care personnel as deemed appropriate and applicable.
1. Adhere to all Bylaws, Rules, and Regulations of the Medical Staff
2. Adhere to all MCMH employee policies and procedures.
3. Meet as needed with Medical Director of the Practice.
4. Participate in meetings/committees/investigations as appropriate, requested, and/or required by the Medical Director of the Practice.
5. Work schedule will be developed by the Medical Director and/or Supervising Physician of the Practice, with mutual agreement by all parties.
6. Other duties as assigned by the Medical Director of the Practice.
Annual evaluations will be completed by the Medical Director with input from the other providers of the Practice and shall include at a minimum a measurement of performance with all of the above duties.
Meghan Muth, SHRM-CP
Provider Recruitment, EMHS
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.