Location: Rochester, NY or Portland, ME
Tilson is a high growth team of driven professionals with a national practice. We are on a mission to build America’s information infrastructure. We accomplish this with a team of experts working collaboratively on meaningful, impactful projects for great clients. Our team environment fosters intellectual curiosity, motivates employees, and cultivates talented people who work with purpose, mastery and autonomy. We strive to listen to our clients, partner with them as a team, and accept their goals as our own.
Tilson has been recognized on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies in the U.S. for eight years in a row.
This position leads and manages a team of employees and resource allocation for direct construction of wireless and networking projects for the company. The successful candidate will be expected to coordinate efforts of subcontractors and or Tilson employees to complete specific work tasks in a project-based environment. The Construction Manager’s main role is to ensure timely construction to meet customer expectations and manage timelines of specific work packages in line with the project goals as set forth by the project manager. This position will reside in our Portland, Maine headquarters or in our office in Rochester, New York.
- Maintain a safe environment and ensure all safety standards are met.
- Oversee construction field operations with supervision and oversight of in house crews, subcontractors and inspection activities.
- Working for the project manager, the construction manager will coordinate and schedule field activities and resources to complete the scope of work.
- Must have the ability to forecast construction start and completion dates as well as identify issues that will cause delays. Candidate will report issues or challenges to the Market Lead and propose solutions to keep projects on track.
- Directly responsible for the overall success of construction projects including meeting project schedules and budget. Strong construction management, reporting, and budgeting skills will be a must.
- Identify additional subcontractors/resources to support various construction projects and oversee their quality and schedule.
- Understanding the project scope and capabilities and sourcing appropriate local vendors that meet requirements and state licensing requirements.
- Demonstrated attention to quality construction practices and ensuring timely close out and delivery of the project schedule.
- Cross team management with other departments and entities will be needed to ensure the timely build schedule.
- High School or Associates Degree or some college preferred
- Previous 5 years of direct experience directing and managing wireless construction or network builds
- OSHA 10 or higher required
- Extensive experience in wireless networking, and/or OSP communications industries with the ability to ensure high quality and safety standards.
- Experience in utility pole line construction a plus.
- Strong time management and construction quality and safety experience.
- Willingness to learn new skills, software, database and technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Proficiency in MS Office Products, and Google Earth.
- Must know how to read construction drawings and help others to understand how to build using the prints issued.
- Must be safe and take ownership in safety culture.
- Valid driver’s license.
Desired but not Required:
- Bachelor’s in construction management or equivalent
- Strong consideration will be given to candidates who have held this position in the recent 2 years
- Direct knowledge of key estimating and financial aspects of building wireless and network infrastructure
- Traffic safety certifications
Travel Expectations: Travel regionally and nationally 30-60%.
Successful candidates will be required to submit to a criminal background check.
Tilson offers a competitive benefits package, including:
- Paid time off
- Healthcare, disability, dental and life insurance benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with automatic company contribution
- Entrepreneurial, highly technical and customer-focused work environment
Our mission is to serve our customers by building, integrating, and maintaining the information technology and communications infrastructure that enables great organizations to innovate and deliver.
Tilson is a world leader in executing information and communications technology projects to build a more connected world. We accomplish this with a team of experts working collaboratively on meaningful, impactful projects for great clients. Our team environment fosters intellectual curiosity, motivates employees, and cultivates talented people who work with purpose, mastery, and autonomy. We strive to listen to our clients, partner with them as a team, and accept their goals as our own.
We will run our business sustainably, for its financial health, its people and the public good. We believe in:
- Safety- above bottom line. Cutting corners is never an option.
- Integrity- we do what is right, even if doing so puts us at a temporary disadvantage.
- Accountability- everyone at Tilson is accountable for the work we do as a whole.
- Professionalism- be trusted by our clients to be their ‘get it done’ team.
- Respect- for our employees, clients, and partners.
- Composure- we are comfortable in chaos and trust that we will always find a way through any challenge.
Tilson is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer
Tilson provides equal opportunity to all employees on the basis of individual qualification without regard to race, sex, religion, color, age, national origin, physical and mental disability, genetic information and history, sexual orientation, or other category protected by state or federal law. Tilson does not discriminate in the recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, benefits, or any other condition of employment.
- Principals only. Recruiters should not contact Tilson.
- No phone calls please.