Maine Veterans’ Homes is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to serving Maine’s veterans and families. Our vision is to be the Provider and Employer of Choice while recognizing our special role as a Veteran Advocate, and “Caring for Those Who Served.” All six of our facilities have been recognized by the American Health Care Association with awards for Achievement in Quality, placing them in the top five percent of nursing homes across the nation.
MVH - South Paris is all about community. Our nursing home has a country charm and small town feel where residents and employees know one another by name. Our focus is on providing top-quality senior care, comfort and camaraderie for the Veterans who call South Paris home.
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) is a nursing team member who provides residents with routine daily nursing care and services in accordance with the residents’ assessment and Plan of Care.
CNA Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Review care plans and provide care accordingly
- Identify and honor resident choices in activities of daily living, while maintaining resident safety
- Communicate with care staff at all levels to adequately meet the needs of the residents
We look forward to speaking with you and introducing you to the high quality care and teamwork that sets Maine Veterans’ Homes apart in long term care.
Experience and Skills
- Must be active and in good standing on the Maine CNA registry
- Ability and willingness to work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers, staff, supervisors, residents and their families
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment in the execution of job duties including ability to identify matters which are confidential in nature, and to keep them confidential
- Must be able to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
Maine Veterans’ Homes provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.