Manufacturing, Full Time
As a General Machinist 1, your primary role is to provide general machining support for various fabrication requirements. As directed, you will also be involved in manufacturing’s daily operations and perform continuous improvement activities with the goal of improving quality and reliability, while lowering total costs.
Functions & Responsibilities
In the role of a General Machinist 1:
- You will operate and maintain milling machines, (manual and CNC), drill presses, band saw and other fabrication equipment.
- You will review drawings, instructions, blueprints, 3d models or samples to ensure accurate production.
- You will select appropriate machine settings to fabricate components:
- Cutting speeds and feeds
- Proper work piece setup
- Optimize cutting path and tooling selection for efficiency.
- You will measure, examine and test completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications.
- You will provide input and feedback to engineers and designers for machinability of components.
- You will select and maintain inventory of appropriate tooling and materials.
- You will provide input and assistance in training manufacturing and engineering personnel in the safe operation of fabrication equipment.
- You will fabricate fixtures for custom work-holding requirements.
- You will work with process engineers and process technicians to implement new equipment and new processes as directed, including identification, purchasing, validation, implementation and training as part of total solution.
- You will provide support for line startup, production, and product change over as directed for the manufacturing lines.
The skills you need to succeed:
- You must have the ability to set up and operate a vertical milling machine.
- You must have the ability to program CNC milling machines with conversational programming (ProtoTRAK or ACU-RITE, MILLPWR-G2)- desired skill but not mandatory.
- You must have basic software abilities: MS Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook proficiency required.
- You must have the ability to read mechanical drawings and understand GD&T.
- You must have experience measuring components using:
- Verniers / Calipers
- Micrometers (internal, external and depth)
- Dial indicators (test and travel)
- Height gauges
- Gauge Blocks
- Pin gauges
- You must have the ability to work self-directed.
- You must be a team player, and have the ability to work as a member of a team.
- You must have the ability to thrive in an environment experiencing routine and rapid change.
- You must have excellent organization and decision-making skills.
- You must have a high level of energy and enthusiasm.
- You must have the ability to continuously find and deliver productivity.
Education & Experience of a successful candidate:
- Associates Degree in Machine Tool (or similar technology) and 1+ year of direct experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience with 2d or 3d CAD desired; SolidWorks experience preferred.
Enercon Technologies offers a competitive benefit package.