To patrol the building and grounds, preventing and/or detecting fire, theft, vandalism, illegal entry and unsafe conditions and practices. The Security Officer will be called upon to assist hospital employees to prevent combative and/or destructive patients from injuring themselves and other people and/or from destroying hospital property.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- High School graduate or possess a G.E.D. diploma preferred.
- Post Secondary education is preferred but not required.
- Previous experience as a Security Officer in a healthcare setting is desired but not required.
- BLS Certified within one year of employment.
- MOAB certification within one year of employment.
- International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety Basic certification within one year of employment.
- Certification in handcuffing and pepper spray.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, write and follow written and oral instructions.
- Must possess good communications skills and clear thinking to communicate with others.
- Valid Maine driver’s license required.