Application Developer II – 6034
Contract Westbrook, Maine
- Location: Westbrook, Maine
- Type: Contract
- Job #19120
Have experience with Python, GitHub, and Poetry? Our client wants YOU! They are currently looking for a Python Data Engineer to join their team for a 4-6 month duration. This is a virtual full-time position with a schedule of 8 am – 5 pm (EST), and the target start date is ASAP.
- Python (REQUIRED)
- GitHub (REQUIRED)
- Poetry (or dependency management and packaging tools) (REQUIRED)
- Pandas (or PyArrow, Polars, other dataframe framework) (REQUIRED)
- ETL pipeline
- OpenCV / image processing, Annotation for machine learning
- Snowflake / SQL, AWS
- 4+ years of experience
- Non-Technical Experience – Great communicator, “a go-getter” – someone who can get started quickly.
- Environmental background: Diagnostic Imaging background would be nice but not required.
In This Role You Will:
- Design, code, test, debug, and document programs based on technical configurations developed by analysts and project teams.
- Estimate and track time required to complete work, for project budgeting and financial tracking.
- Develop program designs to meet technical configurations, ensuring that resulting systems will operate efficiently and reliably.
- Understand the business function supported by the application to encompass within the design framework.
- Ensure design integrates with other related systems.
- Code programs using various programming languages as appropriate.
- Test and debug programs to finalize and ensure smooth operation.
- Document program design, coding, and other details to guide others in application development, use, and maintenance.
- Support, update, and maintain existing systems in response to business needs, system problems, or other factors.
- Coordinate with project teams to design, code, test, and document system changes.
- Coordinate with project team members to define application requirements.
- Identify business needs, assess available technologies, and develop and present solutions.
- Provide a high level of customer service, partner with end users in the resolution of problems or in the deployment of new applications.
- Potentially design system architectures.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Adhere to and model the IDEXX Purpose & Guiding Principles.
What You Need to Succeed:
- Familiarity with relational databases and Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Ability to leverage a technology background and understanding of the latest technologies to apply to development work.
- Understanding of procedural and object-oriented design.
- Experience with Advanced Business Applications Programming (ABAP), Java, Visual Basic, and/or other object-oriented and procedural programming languages as appropriate to the specialty.
- Familiarity with the applications development process.
- Familiarity with software development methodologies as required by the associated development team.
- General business knowledge required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills required.
- Excellent customer service and business relationship-building skills required.
- Project management skills required.
- Ability to use Microsoft Desktop.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Fluency in the English language.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to translate technical subject matter to non-technical audiences (both as a speaker and listener).
If you meet these qualifications, we encourage you to apply today!