This is a bargaining unit position
Job Posting Date: 11/20/2023
11 Positions available
For a limited time MaineHealth is offering a $10,000 sign on bonus for all eligible New Graduates!
- Eligible candidates are hired (offer accepted) into a Full or Part time RN position. Bonus amount prorated for Part time hires, per diem hires are ineligible.
- Current MaineHealth member employees are ineligible; former MaineHealth Members are ineligible until greater than 6 months separation from employment.
Bean 5 is a high-paced 43 bed medical respiratory unit with an embedded 8 bed Intermediate Care Unit (IMC). Unique to Bean 5, the 8 bed IMC includes our Assisted Ventilator Unit.
The patient population on Bean 5 is vast and includes specialties of acute on chronic states, respiratory failure, complex vascular, general surgical and neuroscience conditions, sepsis and multisystem organ failure.
RN’s providing care in the Bean 5 IMC/AVU demonstrate astute assessment and critical thinking skills, as patients in IMC may have multi-system issues that require continuous monitoring, medication drips, frequent interventions, and higher level respiratory support. Within our Assisted Ventilation Unit (AVU) patients may be requiring acute and/or chronic ventilator support.
With a focus on ventilator weaning, nursing interventions require frequent assessments and collaboration with the interdisciplinary team. RN’s working on Bean 5 have the opportunity to work in a unique clinical setting that allows for experience in medical telemetry, IMC, and AVU.
Bean 5's clinical nursing team includes bright, innovative professionals looking to hold themselves and others to the highest nursing and care standards. Our nurses, patient care technicians, and CNAs exemplify analytic ability to identify patient needs, risks, and interventions. We provide excellent customer service to patients and families at their current health states and learning abilities. As a team, we continually demonstrate exceptional communication abilities, always effectively interacting and problem solving with other healthcare professionals, hospital administration, patients and families.
All new graduate RNs hired into regular status positions are automatically enrolled in our Residency program in conjunction with their unit based employment.
The Clinical Nurse supports Maine Medical Center's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence, competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, patient and family centered care, commitment to our community, and accountability. In accordance with national standards of nursing practice and within the guidelines and policies and procedures of both Maine Medical Center and the Maine State Board of Nursing, the Clinical Nurse is responsible for assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation, documentation, and evaluation of the effects of nursing care. Care delivery and coordination of patient and family care begins with the initial contact with the health care system and may continue across the continuum. Services may be provided on an inpatient, outpatient, ambulatory, and/or community basis.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. A Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing is preferred. Must matriculate to a BSN within five years of hires, attaining completion within one year of hire.
- License/Certifications: Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Maine.
- Experience: As this is an entry-level position, experience as an RN is not required.
- Basic knowledge of the research base, theory, practices, principles, and processes of professional nursing. Respiratory or IMC experience preferred. Ventilator experience strongly preferred.
- Interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with patients, families, and health care team members.
- Analytical ability sufficient to identify changes in patients' conditions and to initiate appropriate action.
- All new graduate RNs (less than 6 months of RN experience) hired into regular status positions are automatically enrolled in our 12-month Nurse Residency Program in conjunction with their unit based employment. For RNs with less than 1 year of RN experience transferring from another organization with RN experience and/or participation in a formal new graduate nurse orientation program, consideration for exceptions to some or all Maine Medical Center Nurse Residency Program requirements may be made on an individual basis.
- In accordance with the Clinical Nursing Advancement Program, a Clinical Nurse I who meets or exceeds all of the Clinical Nurse I criteria and requirements at the 12 month performance evaluation date, will be appointed to the Clinical Nurse II position by the Nursing Director.