Becoming part of the Sweetser family means you can make a difference in the lives of Maine children, adults, and families every day. As a nationally recognized and accredited leader, we offer competitive salaries, a wide range of benefits and the opportunity to join a passionate team of more than 700 employees.
$2,500 Sign-On Bonus!
Applies the tools developed in their own recovery as well as the philosophy and values of Intentional Peer Support to build a connection, consider world view, maintain mutuality, and move towards a new way of being within the new relationship being built with the individual. The Intentional Peer Support Specialist will collaborate, coach, and challenge individuals in viewing life’s challenges as an opportunity for growth and change; within each individual’s recovery process.
The Peer Support Specialist will collaborate, coach, and challenge individuals in viewing the crisis as an opportunity for growth and change; within each individual’s recovery process.
Saturday & Sunday
- Fully understands and is able to actively implement the three principles and four tasks of Intentional Peer Support.
- Models relationship building, based on the four tasks of peer support, with participants, volunteers and colleagues.
- Fully understands and is able to actively implement the Eight Dimensions of Wellness as described by SAMHSA.
- Models the attributes of respect, trust, sensitivity and confidentiality to participants, volunteers and colleagues.
- Provides support and models healthy relationships.
- Follows best practices and guidelines established by the Peer Support in Emergency Departments program.
Performs all other duties as assigned.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- State of Maine Certified Intentional Peer Support Specialist (CIPSS) Certification preferred.
- CIPSS Pre-Training will be completed within the first 30 days.
- CIPSS Monthly Co-Reflection attendance begins within 60 days.
- CIPSS 101 attendance completed within 90 days.
- CIPSS Core Training Application submitted within 90 days.
- Meet the annual State of Maine requirements to maintain CIPSS Certification.
- Staff must have reliable transportation
High School diploma or equivalent.
- Lived experience of Recovery with Mental Illness, Trauma or Substance Use and is willing to self-identify with peers on this basis in the community.
- Paid, or unpaid, peer support experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrates understanding of Intentional Peer Support within 90 days of hire.
- Demonstrates knowledge of personal Recovery.
- Ability to be “emotionally present”; recognize when you are not, seek support, and communicate this to the assigned manager.
- Ability to work with diverse populations and accept differences in perspective and values.
- Basic computer skills including receiving and sending emails and data entry to spreadsheets