Northern Light Home Care and Hospice
Department: Patient Access Management
Position is located: Northern Light Home Care and Hospice South Portland
Work Type: Full Time
FTE: 1.0 - 40 hours per week
Work Schedule: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
The Clinical Services Coordinator LPN provides clinical/clerical support and scheduling for clinical operations. Responsible for scheduling as well as addressing client concerns/needs. Responsible for communicating with clinical management, clinical staff, clients and families regarding scheduling and staffing changes. Receives physician orders for current clients, enters orders into EMR and communicates with clinical staff. The incumbent utilizes critical thinking and problem solving skills to promote continuous quality improvement in the areas of scheduling and supporting client care coordination. Performance reflects the mission and values of Home Care.
Administrative Support- Schedules authorized visits in conjunction with visiting clinicians.
- Under the supervision of an RN, triages all calls that come into department.
- Responds to client and family needs, and takes appropriate action for both home care and hospice patients.
- Obtains referrals from Intake and assigns the client by geographical region.
- Collaborates with Clinical staff regarding work assignments, when changes are required.
- Notifies other disciplines regarding referral as needed.
- Assists clinical staff in the management of their visit schedules and other customer service issues that may arise. Communicates staff schedule to all visiting staff at department established intervals.
- Reviews clinical assignments w/ supervisor and/or managers and provides pertinent information as needed.
- Coordinates the communication of any requested medical information regarding current clients to each appropriate facility as needed.
- Collaborates with supervisor to prioritize visits that are unassigned due to staff absences and fluctuations in client volumes.
- Collaborates with clinical staff and management to correct identified problems and trends. Verifies de-authorization of Hospice medical supplies equipment and pharmaceuticals is completed upon client discharge.
- Assists in obtaining authorized DME/supplies for Hospice clients as requested.
- Coordinates with Hospice pharmacy provider and hospice staff to arrange for appropriate medications on an as needed basis. Computer Processing
- Demonstrates competency with excel, word processing, and clinical/administrative documentation software.
- Utilizes critical thinking and organizing skills to maintain integrity of clinical services coordination data in area of responsibility.
- Utilizes appropriate data entry systems.
Competencies and skills:
* 2+ years of relative work experience required.
* Achieves Results: Sets high standards for their own outcomes and seizes opportunities to engage others towards objectives. Consistently moves forward with direct actions in order to attain or exceed objectives. Manages their own time effectively to accomplish assigned tasks. Successfully prioritizes multiple projects and duties as needed.
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Demonstrates Adaptability: Learns quickly when facing a new problem or unfamiliar task; is flexible in their approach with changing priorities and ambiguity. Manages change effectively and does not give up during adversity. Capable of changing one's behavioral style and/or views in order to attain a goal. Absorbs new information readily and puts it into practice effectively.
* Demonstrates Emotional Intelligence: Exhibits a high level of self-awareness, self-management, other awareness and relationship management. Conducts themselves in an empathic, appropriate way, with a sense of humor and stimulates a collaborative work environment. Is respectful of the attitudes, feelings, or circumstances of others and aware of the influence of their own behavior on them. Is aware of relevant social, political, system, and professional trends and developments and uses this information for the organization's benefit.
* Effectively Communicates: Listens, speaks and writes appropriately, using clear language. Communication methods are fitting to the message(s), audience, and situation and follow-ups are regular and timely. Shows that important (non-) verbal information is absorbed and understood and asks further questions to clarify when necessary. Expresses ideas and views clearly to others and has ability to adjust use of language to the audiences' level.
* Exercises Sound Judgment & Decision Making: Understands and processes complex information, which allows for appropriate and accountable conclusions. Does not react too quickly or slowly. Balances facts, goals, and potential approaches taking the appropriate criteria into account. Makes active decisions and commits oneself by communicating confidently and respectfully.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* Provides Patient-Centered Care: Demonstrates understanding of patient care quality and service as organizational priority. Proactively supports change to improve patient experience and results. Exhibits the ability and willingness to find out what the patient wants and needs and to act accordingly, taking the organizational and outside resources into account. Cooperates, collaborates, communicates, and integrates care within and between teams to ensure that care is continuous and reliable.
* Licensed Practical Nurse
* Potential exposure to abusive and/or aggressive people.
* Need to drive to perform responsible duties.
* Potential exposure to hazardous materials.
* Potential exposure to noise levels being uncomfortable.
* Potential exposure to noxious odors.
* Potential exposure to very hot or cold temperatures.
* Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
* Lifting, moving and loading 20 to 30 pounds.
* Continuous sitting.
* Continuous standing.
* Continuous walking.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status