Are you looking for a job where YOU can make a DIFFERENCE in people’s lives? Where YOUR voice and ideas MATTER? Are you a kindhearted individual who is interested in a career in healthcare?
If so, please consider joining the Residential Team at Maine Behavioral Healthcare!
As a Residential Care Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting clients with daily living skills
- Skills teaching
- Medication administration
- Providing daily support to clients in reaching personal and treatment goals
Maine Behavioral Healthcare is a proud member of MaineHealth, Maine’s largest health system, where we work together to make our communities the healthiest in America. Our primary goal is connecting clients and patients to appropriate care when they need it.
To learn more about our Residential Programs, visit our website:
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred. Salaries are based on years of experience and education.
- License/Certifications: Active Certified Residential Medication Aide and Personal Support Specialist certification however MBH will help pay for trainings as needed. Certification of Mental Health Rehabilitation Technician 1 (MHRT 1) must be obtained within one year of employment. Must have valid driver’s license.
- Experience: Prior experience working in a residential setting preferred.
- Must obtain appropriate level of automobile insurance within the first 30 days of employment
- Maintain required trainings to uphold MHRT-1 status
- Must have basic computer skills
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.