$500 Sign-on Bonus – Qualified applicants are eligible for a $500 Sign-on Bonus!
Inpatient Pharmacy Technicians are responsible for the distribution and preparation of medications for all patients located with Maine Medical Center. Pharmacy Technicians are trained to compound sterile and non-sterile medications, refill automated dispensing cabinets located throughout the hospital, prepack bulk medications into unit-dose preparations, assists pharmacists and nurses to ensure timely delivery of all patients’ medications and other duties related to the care of our patients.
- Position Summary
- Pharmacy Technicians are essential members of the pharmacy team at Maine Medical Center, providing support for multiple facets of the pharmacy, including exceptional customer service. The Pharmacy Technician II is a proficient pharmacy technician who has at least six months of experience as a pharmacy technician/intern at Maine Medical Center or one year of experience as a pharmacy technician at an external pharmacy. A Pharmacy Technician I will automatically advance to a Pharmacy Technician II once all criteria are met. A Pharmacy Technician II assists the pharmacist by preparing and distributing medications, maintaining drug inventory and pertinent patient records. Pharmacy Technician II also identify opportunities for improvement in work processes and actively contributes to the implementation of improvement efforts. Additionally, Pharmacy Technician II will perform other related and assigned duties.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- A minimum of six (6) months of experience (internal pharmacy department) or one (1) year of experience (external pharmacy department) in a pharmacy setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- High school diploma or GED certificate required.
- Associates Degree preferred.
- PTCB certificate is preferred.
- Currently licensed as a pharmacy technician in the State of Maine or currently eligible consistent with the current State of Maine Board of Pharmacy requirements.
- Ability to assist in meeting the pharmaceutical care needs of all patients.