The ideal candidate for this position will be pursuing a Public Health degree with interest in the connection between social determinants of health and health outcomes. Skillset should include MS Office/Excel, basic data analysis, motivated & comfortable working independently. Computer graphics skills are a plus!
This intern will be:
- Analyzing strategies and health outcomes related to Community Health Implementation Plans at MaineHealth hospitals with an emphasis on social determinants of health, including food insecurity and pre-diabetes.
- Organizing information and data related to Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) health priorities.
- Reporting on population health accomplishments & improvements at the regional hospitals and for the MaineHealth system.
We are looking for motivated individuals who are interested in gaining valuable, hands-on experience and making a real difference while working within the healthcare field. MaineHealth interns will have the exciting opportunity to work, learn, and develop their skills at the largest healthcare organization in Maine. Interns provide administrative and project support within their department, and are valued members of each department team.
The MaineHealth Internship Program runs from June 1 – August 7, 2020.
We offer FREE bus trips to our employees traveling on the Greater Portland Metro (including BREEZ and HUSKY lines), South Portland Bus Service, and ShuttleBus-ZOOM.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Student who is currently enrolled in a four-year degree program in pursuit of a Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- License/Certifications: N/A
- Experience: N/A
- Strong analytical thinking.
- Must work independently, take initiative to complete assigned projects with minimal direction, and be able to prioritize tasks within an assigned project.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in the performance of duties.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and other technologies as needed.
Internship | Temporary/Contract
Greater Portland/Casco Bay