Job Posting End Date: 06/28
Our Fortune 500 company is driving a digital transformation and looking for forward-thinking innovators to disrupt how our industry thinks about and uses technology. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers, we help millions of people gain affordable access to benefits that help them protect their families, their finances and their futures.
Are you an asker of questions, a solver of problems, and a challenger of the status quo? Our mission is to provide a differentiated customer experience and exceed the expectations people have of technology at any company — not just insurers.
We are seeking individuals to join our team of talented IT professionals who share never-ending passion and an unwavering focus on our customer experience. Team members comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced, and delivery-focused environment thrive in our environment where we value an entrepreneurial spirit and those who challenge the status-quo.
Unum is changing, and we’re excited about what’s next. Join us.
General Summary:Sr. Business Analysts are responsible for ensuring the delivery of the defined business objectives within the agile team. They participate in the advancement of business solutions across a business portfolio by working closely with IT Leadership, Product Owners, Business SME’s and Business Architects. The Sr. Business Analyst plays a critical role in mentoring Business Analysts of all levels to ensure we are growing future talent within the agile teams. They will serve as a subject matter expert and have a deep understanding of the Unum business model – both the products we sell and the services model we employ - and will bring forward areas where investment will bring benefit to our customers and the company.
- Bachelors degree required, relevant professional qualification or acceptable industry experience.
- 6+ years successful experience in defining and delivering valuable solutions to our customers
- Intellectual curiosity, learning agility, and enthusiasm for tackling tough problems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Comfortable leading groups of people in discussions
- Strong team player; able to work effectively within a team and more broadly with people from a variety of backgrounds and areas across the organization.
- Able to deal with significant ambiguity and translate into more tangible outcomes
- Strong insurance or relevant industry experience
- Proven track record of success with business delivery (software solutions)
- Demonstrates a metrics and financial mindset to ensure ROI for business
- Certifications strongly encouraged
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, and task/process/workflow analysis selecting the appropriate means of representing the business requirement and ensuring traceability back to source.
- Collaborates with the Business Architect, Product Owner, agile team and relevant subject matter experts to define concise and effective user stories from the capabilities roadmap also detailing precise and accurate acceptance criteria. This includes functional and non-functional requirements
- Collaborates with Business & Technical Architects to evaluate the business suitability of applications/solutions in support of the capabilities roadmap
- Evaluates native functionality from third party/cloud solutions and identifies opportunities to meet business needs
- Responsible for the investigation and application of changes to program scope. Identifies the impact on business requirements of external impacts affecting a program or project.
- Mentors Business Analyst I’s and Business Analyst II’s to ensure appropriate business analyst standards and practices are met, where appropriate
- Responsible for assessing requests for change and their impacts on existing applications/solutions in the business portfolio and ensuring the changes are prioritized and assessed for risk appropriately.
- Collaborates with the agile team to ensure appropriate acceptance criteria is defined and met by participating in all test activities where necessary to ensure successful feature delivery.
- May lead configurations of third party/cloud solutions including page layouts, workflows, reporting and dashboards
- Ensures an innovation culture in the team by continuous improvement of deliveries and participates in evaluating new processes and technologies that can be applied to future feature delivery
- Participates in retrospectives to ensure the agile team continuously improves and ensures that value stream mapping is completed in order to remove waste in the process
- Collaborates with Chief Product Owner and Product Owner on prioritization and grooming of the capability backlog
- May serve in a Scrum Master role for an agile team
- Ensures that the latest project progress is known to the agile team by ensuring Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools are up to date and participating in daily stand-ups outlining progress made, progress planned and detailing impediments
- Identifies data source, gathers and analyzes data relevant to processes identified for process improvement initiatives.
Our company is built on helping individuals and families, and this starts with our employees. We want employees to maintain a positive balance, which is why we provide access to the benefits and resources they need to invest in themselves. From our onsite fitness facilities and generous paid time off to employee professional development programs, we are committed to helping employees live and work their best – both inside and outside the office.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.