The Maintenance Mechanic supports factory needs in regard to all equipment to achieve, plan and improve on process efficiency and performance. Support and actively manage troubleshooting and preventative maintenance program to maximize equipment availability, reduce unplanned stoppages, reduce energy and water usage.
Hiring in below locations:
Starting rate $33.94 after a 90 day review ($34.44) & 180 day review ($34.94). Shift differential pay of $1.00 per hour for overnight shift
Poland: 6PM to 6AM (Following a 3 / 4 Schedule)
Hollis: 5PM to 5AM (Following a 2 / 3 Schedule)
Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, paid time off and much more!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs routine preventative and corrective maintenance and testing on equipment
- Perform maintenance tasks to include – repairing and improving, from minor rebuilds to major overhauls on all equipment.
- Identify processing waste reduction opportunities and assist in reduction projects.
- Participate in preventative maintenance program to help reduce costs of operations through PM optimization.
- Dismantle, clean, repair, and test electrical, electronic, and mechanical components to determine component-level failure
- Support equipment installations, retrofits and upgrades to include vendors and contractors
- Communicate, coach and train employees to continuously improve team’s ability to respond to equipment failures and loss of production.
- Maintain preventative maintenance logs and accurate records of all testing and repairs
- Recommend equipment to be included in preventative maintenance programs
- Perform Preventative Maintenance tasks to identify all potential mechanical and electrical issues with equipment throughout the plant
- Rebuild worn-out, but reusable, pieces of equipment, such as gearboxes for scheduled PM’s.
- Troubleshoot/ investigate and repair all mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and utility systems including chillers, air compressors etc.
- Eliminate problems from recurring utilizing the Breakdown Analysis process
- Communicate directly with equipment suppliers, contractors and vendors as necessary
- Areas of responsibility will include but are not limited to –Production support – Mechanical Room -Water Processing – Boiler Room –Waste Water Treatment- Water Chemical Treatment Program
- Three or more years proven maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
- Prior experience with high and low pressure compressors, chillers, water treatment, boilers is preferred
- Strong technical knowledge of compressed air systems (pneumatics), electrical systems, hydraulics and water processing is preferred
- Knowledge of bottling equipment, PM programs and SAP system preferred
- Successfully demonstrates strong mechanical abilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for interaction with all employees.
- Must have electrical knowledge of single and three phase power including the ability to diagnose and replace electric motors
- Must be able to work and accomplish projects with little to zero supervision
- Must be able to foster and build a team-work environment
- Communicate effectively with various support groups, supervisors, and team members
- Maintain a high level of professional and organizational ethics and image with all plant and outside personnel
- Able to read, interpret and analyze computer generated reports
- Perform all tasks with extreme accuracy
- Must be able to do physical inspections, (i.e. climbing, reaching, extending)
- Must be proficient with mechanical drawings and OEM technical prints for parts identification
- Proficient computer navigation skills, including the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Available for call-ins or to cover all shifts to support production teams as required
- Works together with Safety department to achieve a zero injury workplace
- Must display a positive mental attitude and be open to a fast paced ever changing work environment
If interested, please click APPLY today!