About the Opportunity
About the Opportunity
The Roux Institute is driving economic development in the state of Maine through Research, Learning, and Entrepreneurship, through partnership with industry, academic, government and nonprofit service agencies. The life sciences, health, and engineering (LSHE) team is focused on impacting the Maine economy through the development of human capital in the areas of life sciences (computational medicine, biotechnology), health (care delivery to distributed populations) and engineering (precision manufacturing, industry 4.0). The LSHE Education Program Manager will report to the Director of Life Sciences, Health, and Engineering Programs. To be successful in this role, the incumbent must have dexterity of vision and function. This role will focus on piloting and scaling innovative education pathways to life sciences, health, and engineering programs. Pathways include collaboration with the Northeastern Global Campuses, local academic institutions, and industry partners.
This role is responsible for ensuring the operational success of pilot LHSE educational pathway programs for varying student populations to increase accessibility. This will include capturing the requirements to scale them and doing so successfully. As part of this work, the LHSE Program Manager will work with academic units across the university to understand and engage in the curricular approval process, governance, recruitment, and creating a welcoming community for learners. Due to the interdisciplinary nature of this program, this individual will routinely collaborate with colleagues across the university.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in an academic institution with a focus on curriculum planning, operations, event planning, and/or project management. Bachelor’s degree required, master’s preferred
- Demonstrated interest and knowledge of academic programming, including development of course paths, learner services, community building, and professional development for learners.
- Life sciences, health or engineering degree or relevant work experience preferred.
- Proven record of ability to quickly find solutions to problems as they come up and juggle multiple projects at once.
- Excellent at working independently and in small teams,
- Focus on continuous process improvement and operational efficiency and possess extraordinary attention to detail.
- Experience in planning and managing programs and events.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Experience using software tools including Excel and Salesforce preferred.
Position TypeAcademic Administration
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit https://hr.northeastern.edu/benefits/ for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University’s commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.