Title: Associate Engineer-Electric Distrib Eng
Work type : Hybrid.
Salary range- $75-77k for NY ( + sign on bonus)
Uses prescribed methods, applies standard practices and techniques in the design and preparation of specifications or field engineering related to assigned engineering projects under limited supervision of the incumbent's immediate supervisor. Designs various electrical systems of moderate size and complexity under the direction of the incumbent's supervisor or other engineer.
1. Performs engineering analysis of the electric distribution system to properly serve in customer loads, conducting reliability analysis of the worst performing circuits and recommending corrective actions. Supplies residential (including URD), and minor commercial/industrial engineering services, and oversees construction of various electrical systems as assigned to ensure compliance with plans and specifications. Assists in the preliminary design and budgetary estimates of major projects.(25%,P)
2. Assists in specifying technical aspects of contracts, bid evaluation, recommendation of contractors, and administration of contract terms and conditions. Assists in monitoring construction work to ensure conformance with plans and specifications and engineering codes and practices. Assist in equipment specification, construction standards development, and proposal evaluation and requisitioning. Assist in the monitoring of construction schedules to ensure timely completion of work. Aid in the coordination of equipment delivery and design engineering to meet construction schedules.(25%,P)
3. Checks completed job for adequacy or design and documentation. Aids in receiving, inspection and approval of equipment and materials. Performs economic analyses of engineering alternatives. Aids in evaluation and approval of contractors invoices.(10%,P)
4. Assists in analysis of distribution system reliability studies, contingency plans, capital budget project proposals, financial models, flicker analysis, and/or fuse-recloser coordination.(10%,S)
5. Select, evaluate and request equipment, materials, or services. Review vendor designs, assists in the evaluation and selection of vendors, determines product acceptability.(10%,S)
6. Acts as project engineer, when required, on projects. Serves as project coordinator on assigned projects. (20%,P)
Skills and Requirements
Education & Experience Required:
Bachelor’s or Associate degree with 0-5 years of related work experience.
Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Be a role model
- Be agile
- Collaborate and Share
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Focus to achieve results
- Technical Skills
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables