Form and Direct Lines, Substations, Project Management Office, and Permitting teams of the NECEC project by leading, planning, directing, controlling, and measuring the efforts of the Substation and Transmission line Project Units, PMO, and permitting group, which includes the engineering, design, construction, and commissioning projects of electric transmission and distribution facilities. Responsibility includes accomplishment of broad corporate objectives and department goals, including budget management for substation, transmission, and large-scale projects. Must manage organizational performance to maximize the effectiveness of capital projects. Provides technical advice to senior management when required.
About The Project: The NECEC is a transmission line project that will connect 1,200 MW of power to the New England electrical grid in Lewiston, ME. Once complete, it will be New England’s largest source of renewable energy. Project components include 145 miles of new transmission lines, upgrading 50 miles of existing transmission lines, construction of a new converter station, a new substation, and multiple system upgrades.
- Directs subordinate senior staff. Sets department goals and strategic direction and initiates action plans, engineering studies, and assignments to accomplish goals. Provides technical support, guidance, coaching, and counseling toward effective performance and appraises individual performance. Develops organizational performance measures, initiates actions to enhance performance, reviews work processes, systems, procedures, and practices, and directs changes to improve productivity or control costs.
- Oversees the development of engineering & reliability studies and capital projects, programs, and budgets. Analyzes broad technical alternatives to develop long-range technical direction. Approves projects, executes contracts, and authorizes expenditures. Initiates actions to ensure continuity of service, high reliability, and cost-effective engineering, design, and technical support for construction of transmission and substation facilities including interconnected system protection and communication systems.
- Assures that projects are completed on schedule and within budget. Ensure that project is executed with Safety as a priority. Interprets and administers company policies and procedures. Plans and implements training and development of department personnel. Determines staffing needs and obtains approval for resource requirements. Develops and controls department budget. Recommends promotions, personnel changes, budgets, organizational changes, and company policies.
- Provides technical support to the operating and maintenance departments of the companies. Coordinates with other departments, consultants, attorneys, utilities, regulatory agencies, government agencies, and major customers. May represent the companies in technical committees at ISO-NE, NPCC, and other regulatory agencies.
Skills and Requirements
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 15 years relevant experience preferred. Associates Degree with a minimum of 20 years relevant experience required.
- Minimum of 10 years of broad experience in design, delivery, operation, and/or planning.
- Exceptionally strong planning, coordinating, and organizational skills.
- Competent leadership skills with ability to manage multiple assignments and conflict resolution.
- Able to foster individual professional development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to communicate effectively with outside regulatory and governmental agencies, as well as the public.
- Be a role model
- Be agile
- Collaborate and Share
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Focus to achieve results
- Technical Skills
Our Selection Process
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables