We are working with a great client, who provides electric delivery service to two areas in Northern Maine, who is seeking to add an IT Application Analyst III to their team. The IT Infrastructure Analyst’s role is to develop and maintain a high-level design plan for the overall IT infrastructure and cybersecurity architecture within our client and in alignment with their affiliates. Individual will provide technical consulting across the organization and develop and maintain security risk reduction and business continuity plans related to IT systems.
- Plan cybersecurity systems by evaluating network and security technologies; developing requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices; designing public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures as well as hardware and software; adhering to industry standards
- Provide security & architectural consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to IT Analysts, IT Consultants, and outsourced vendors
- Develop and document an in-depth knowledge of existing IT and security architecture/infrastructure, and maintain an understanding of same within other Emera companies
- Develop and manage a security risk management plan in collaboration with outsourced infrastructure vendors and affiliate counterparts
- Develop, document, communicate, and enforce a technology standards policy that is in alignment with other Emera companies
- Design, develop, and oversee cybersecurity infrastructure and policy. Support IT compliance associated with NERC CIP, NI52, PCI, and other security standards. Follow and help enforce recommended best practices in IT management and cybersecurity.
- Conduct research of emerging technologies in support of security and infrastructure development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness, improve infrastructure flexibility, and reduce security risks.
- Assist and support internal IT staff as necessary
- Develop and mentor new co-workers within the IT department
- Participate in meetings, presentations, and performance evaluations
- Act as an IT subject matter expert on various business teams
- Engage with relevant user groups
- Perform other duties assigned by IT supervisor
REQUIRED OR PREFERRED EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Degree in Computer Science or related field and/or 6-years’ experience in a client-focused IT support role
- Expertise and experience with cybersecurity and voice/data networking environments
- Expertise and experience with client computing, server, operating systems, Active Directory (AD), etc.
- Expertise and experience with Windows and UNIX operating system environments
- Knowledge of applicable cybersecurity and data privacy practices, regulations, and laws
- Knowledge of NIST Cybersecurity Framework, NERC Critical Infrastructure Protection, PCI, CIS Critical Controls, and/or other relevant standards
Pro Search, Inc. was established in Portland, Maine in 1994 to provide companies with a full range of search, staffing and contracting services, specializing in the functional areas of information technology, accounting and finance, sales and marketing, customer service, human resource and office support utilizing a consultative approach. Pro Search, Inc. strives to develop true partnerships with client companies and candidates to fully understand and satisfy their employment needs.
Pro Search, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As such, it is our policy to follow a concept of non-discrimination in the hiring and promotion of employees without regard to their race, religion, sex, age, color, national origin or veteran or handicapped status.
We regret that due to high volume we are only able to correspond with candidates whose qualifications most closely match the position requirements. Applicant not meeting our client’s specifications will be considered for future opportunities.