Job Posting End Date: 04/05
Our Fortune 500 company is driving a digital transformation and looking for forward-thinking innovators to disrupt how our industry thinks about and uses technology. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers, we help millions of people gain affordable access to benefits that help them protect their families, their finances and their futures.
Are you an asker of questions, a solver of problems, and a challenger of the status quo? Our mission is to provide a differentiated customer experience and exceed the expectations people have of technology at any company — not just insurers.
We are seeking individuals to join our team of talented IT professionals who share never-ending passion and an unwavering focus on our customer experience. Team members comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced, and delivery-focused environment thrive in our environment where we value an entrepreneurial spirit and those who challenge the status-quo.
Unum is changing, and we’re excited about what’s next. Join us.
General Summary:This position contributes to strategic decisions at the corporate level and is involved in security architecture planning with business and IT partners. They are sought out to address moderate and complex business and technical security problems.
They assist in the creation and operation of an information security ‘depth in defense’ capabilities framework that defines the technology, policies, procedures, and processes needed to address the security needs of Unum and its partners. The information security ‘depth in defense’ framework will provide security services to and complement the information technology architecture and integrate with each business’ architecture. This framework provides security for the operation of applications, computing platforms, operating systems, and networks, both voice and data, to ensure the integrity of information assets.
They assist in the creation and execution of enterprise security programs, maintaining a strong relationship and partnership with internal and external audit partners. They are responsible for providing solutions to internal and external customers Identity and Access Management capabilities including privileged account management across all platforms, access provisioning processes for the enterprise, and secure authentication protocols.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing cyber security monitoring and security incident response, including:
- Monitors for external threats and indicators of compromise; Responds to and leads incident response for threat alerts; Monitors for inappropriate utilization of computer resources; Assesses reported security threats and weaknesses.
- Provides level II support for Operations; Participates in 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Participates in ethical hacking red team/blue team exercises.
- Performs day-to-day operations and technical support, including system upgrades, on the Unum security technology portfolio.
- Consults on the security framework to IT/Business project teams, and in day-to-day business operations.
- Consults with development and business partners on integration and security configuration for new or existing software or solutions
- Participates in the evaluation of vendor's product strategies, technology roadmaps and software enhancements, and consults on the inclusion and rollout these recommendations in the corporate security roadmap.
- Assists with application and network security assessments, as assigned.
- Maintains expertise to function as subject matter expert in one or more security disciplines.
- Develops strong partnerships with business clients, application developers, software vendors and other technical resources.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or advanced degree in computer science or related discipline preferred or comparable work experience.
- 6+ years of related work experience in information technology engineering, support or consulting experience. Preferred if two of those years was spent in networking, application development, system security or IT Audit related positions.
- Demonstrated ability and success in:
- Detecting and analyzing hostile and other improper actions in such an environment. Strong Knowledge of threats and vulnerabilities associated with application and network security.
- Investigating and responding to security alerts, or new security threats with a sense of urgency.
- Strong Knowledge of (at least one) UNIX, Windows, Mainframe, and/or Apple Operating System vulnerabilities and secure configuration settings
- Strong Knowledge of the principles of implementation and operation and experience with security technology such as firewalls, multi-level security implementation, security assessment, monitoring and profiles tools (e.g. IDS/IPS, SEIM, AV, Qualys, etc.), and password crackers.
- Mentor and support junior level security staff
- Develops strong partnerships with client management, business clients, application developers, software vendors and other technical resources which includes, but not limited to, legal, compliance, and privacy
- Maintain close relationships with the business to understand strategy, processes, plans and needs to help influence planning by advising on best practices, innovation/technology enablement opportunities
- Communicates effectively with business partners, customers, brokers, third party suppliers/partners, and systems resources at all levels.
- Delivers effective, high-quality solutions in a timely manner while balancing shifting priorities and, at times, accelerated timelines.
- Facilitate matching business needs and services options by leveraging knowledge of business strategy, processes, and market offerings to assist in evaluating the most appropriate products and services to meet its requirements
- Provide an overall perspective or point of clarification to partner on operational aspects of a service. Has a good overall understanding of infrastructure and application portfolios to provide guidance to service partner provider.
Technical Skills for Identity & Access Management (Required Skills)
- Experience in implementing and supporting global Identity and Access Management solutions (Identity Management, Access Management, Virtual Directory, SSO)
- Knowledge and experience on Oracle OAM, ForgeRock, OpenAM; Sailpoint and/or other Web Access Management systems (like CA SiteMinder), and API integration
- Experience on ForgeRock OpenIDM, Oracle OIM, Sailpoint and/or other Identity management systems
- Experience on SSO (Single-Sign-On) technologies including Cloud, SAML and federation of identities (IdP initiated and SP initiated), multi-factor authentication
- Experience on CyberArk, Enterprise Certificate Management and Enterprise Token Services technologies.
- Experience with LDAP/Directory Services including Active Directory and Radiant Logic
- Experience with RACF, DB2, SQL
- Experience with Azure, O365 and AWS
- Familiar with Regulations, including, GLBA, HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA, and other Cyber Security Regulatory compliance requirements and related programs
- ISO 27001/27002 the NIST Cyber Security Framework
Technical Skills for Cyber Security (Preferred Skills)
- Excellent working knowledge of one or more of the following security areas desired:
- Operating System Security (Windows, Apple, AIX, Linux, zOS)
- Internet Technologies (NNTP, Proxy, HTTP, HTTPS, HTLM, SSL, X.509)
- TCP/IP and networking (LAN/WAN/Wireless)
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention products
- Incident Response Management
- Public Key Infrastructure technologies including encryption, Kerberos, certification authorities
- Application and Network Security Assessments methodologies and tools
- General Access Control Security (Active Directory, Linux, and Mainframe security)
- IPSEC and remote access technologies
- End Point Security products (i.e. Anti-virus, Malware, Hard Drive encryption)
- Ethical Hacking, Incident Response and case management.
- Forensic tools such as Oxygen, encase, Atola Forensic equipment
- CISSP, CISM, SANS, and other security related certifications a plus
Our company is built on helping individuals and families, and this starts with our employees. Working here means doing interesting work alongside talented people, and having the opportunity to balance your work and life. In return for your innovation and hard work, we provide you with access to the benefits and resources you need to invest in yourself. From our onsite fitness facilities and generous paid time off to professional development programs, we are committed to helping you live and work your best – both inside and outside the office.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.