The Marketing Specialist is responsible for creating and managing multifaceted campaigns in the assigned vertical for the purposes of enhancing brand awareness and Tyler market share. This includes determining appropriate communication vehicles, writing well researched content, providing creative direction to internal teams, and managing the development of initiatives to completion.
- Develop innovative ways to communicate marketing messages via integrated marketing programs that include direct mail, email, web, social media, video, collateral, and that support trade shows and events.
- Ensure marketing messaging is consistent and drives the key messages in an impactful way.
- Write copy for all of the above in a manner that is audience appropriate, impactful, and that follows writing best practices.
- Effectively interact with Sales or other internal clients, as appropriate, in order to determine requirements and design programs that meet campaign objectives.
- Utilize a metric driven approach to determine which campaigns/programs are most effective, and leverage these learnings to adjust future marketing activity.
- Project manage all parts of their campaigns to ensure they are delivered in a timely manner.
- Maintain and manage project schedules, approvals and other project-related needs utilizing the Marketing Department’s online project management software.
- Obtain product or service information by interviewing, or requesting such information from necessary parties, including internal division subject matter experts or clients.
- Write product fact sheets, brochures, case studies, newsletter articles, advertising, social media, and other material as requested by the Vertical Marketing Director.
The Marketing Specialist will have a positive impact on the A&T Vertical by delivering campaigns that raise awareness, generate leads, and create loyalty among, staff, clients, and prospects. The work of the Marketing Programs Specialist will enhance the brand, position Tyler for consideration, and help close new business.
- Understand and convey vertical messages and objectives in all sales and marketing collateral.
- Understand customer needs and be able to incorporate a client perspective into communications.
- Effectively work with subject matter experts across the vertical’s various departments.
- Establish priorities and meet deadlines, in conjunction with those set forth by the Vertical Marketing Director or Communications Manager.
- Handle multiple tasks while paying close attention to details.
- Stay abreast of industry and marketing best practices, trends, ideas, tools, and technology.
Education, Experience, & Skills
- Minimum of 4-6 years marketing experience
- An understanding of marketing communications vehicles – including email, direct mail, collateral, video, web, and trade shows
- Experience effectively managing a variety of marketing projects and timelines
- Strong writing skills and related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Technology/software industry experience strongly preferred; public sector experience preferred
- Mac or PC skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience with Adobe InCopy preferred
- An understanding of graphic applications, image/media files, web media/interactive marketing, etc.
- A positive attitude with a desire to go above and beyond expectations is key to the success of this role