The BDR Sales Manager is responsible for the overall management of the team of sales professionals who focus on getting new veterinary practices to sign onto the Vets First Choice Platform and service. This manager will identify, coach and lead best practice sales approaches and teamwork that results in maximum team performance in achieving our company’s aggressive sales goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
• Manage entire BDR team to achieve quarterly goals by monitoring, coaching and improving individual and team performance; establish KPI’s and performance against them; identify and establish individual and team best practices in terms of sales, internal and external communication, and teamwork.
• Conduct regular team and individual meetings to support professional development and to monitor progress against goals, make needed course corrections. Provide insight and coaching on sales techniques, presentation of the Vets First Choice platform to prospects, and effective sales closing to achieve goals.
• Work with B2B Sales Managers, Marketing, Finance and other key departments to define sales goals, compensation plans, target prospecting lists, and sales materials. Provide daily, weekly and quarterly sales updates and future forecasts to internal teams.
• Ensure team documentation of all sales activity into CRM in order to identify trends or issues, and develop improvement plans.
• Work with B2B counterparts to ensure that quality practices are signed on and handed off to Enrollments, Training and Account Management teams.
• Work with internal Sales Training and Recruiting teams to identify the best BDR candidates and ensure outstanding training for success.
• Provide customer insights to internal teams in order to develop or enhance products and services; provide competitor insights.
• Up to 15 Business Development Representatives
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• B.S. or B.A. in business or scientific discipline. Veterinary or medical education a definite plus.
• Ten (10) years sales experience in complex B2B sales environment with at least five (5) years in sales management.
• Understanding of the veterinary pharmaceutical market and experience in a veterinary practice or other healthcare or scientific industry is ideal.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
• Ability to quickly assess a new product or service and develop effective sales approaches across a team of sales professionals.
• Use data to drive sales targeting, team assessment, customer insights and for any other useful insights to help the team perform and for the company to achieve its goals.
• Ability to train and motivate individuals and teams to deliver sales goals, and to effectively performance manage under-performers.
• Strong group presentation and training/teaching skills; great written and verbal communication skills.
• Aptitude to develop quarterly and annual plans and budgets, as well as develop sales capacity models to meet the needs of the business.
• Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and willing to roll up your sleeves to contribute alongside your team.
• Strong business and financial acumen.
PHYSICIAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Extensive computer use in a pet-friendly office environment.
· Business travel required (at minimum 25% of time).