Join Martin's Point Health Care - an innovative, not-for-profit health care organization offering care and coverage to the people of Maine and beyond. As a joined force of "people caring for people," Martin's Point employees are on a mission to transform our health care system while creating a healthier community. Martin's Point employees enjoy an organizational culture of trust and respect, where our values - taking care of ourselves and others, continuous learning, helping each other, and having fun - are brought to life every day. Join us and find out for yourself why Martin's Point has been certified as a "Great Place to Work" since 2015.
Position Summary The Member Service Representative I will interact and support our Health Plan members to ensure customer satisfaction, member loyalty, and retention while maintaining high quality, delivering accurate and timely information, and meeting compliance requirements.
- Delivers world-class customer service by upholding the Martin’s Point Culture Statement of People Caring for People, modeling the Martin’s Point Values, and building key relationships with members, contracted brokers, other teams, and departments to help promote the success of Martin’s Point.
- Services all current member needs for their designated line of business via telephone, in writing, and in-person in accordance with departmental service standards and all regulatory requirements.
- Works with the Member Service Representative II for support when needed, as well as coordinates the resolution of inquiries with other departments at Martin’s Point.
- Provides benefit, claims, and coverage information to members in accordance with department policies and procedures and compliance requirements.
- Performs administrative activities in relation to Member Services.
- Maintains accurate information and documentation in all systems and databases.
- Participates in Member Service process improvement events and other projects as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Post-secondary education preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience in customer service.
Required License(s) and/or Certification(s):
- Demonstrates an understanding of and alignment with Martin’s Point Values.
- Customer Service - Ability to relate to internal and external customers in a positive and professional manner while proactively meeting the customers’ needs and exceeding Martin’s Point quality standards.
- Computer skills - Expert knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite, ability to learn and adapt quickly to new applications, and an understanding of telephonic systems, call recording, and tracking systems.
- Outstanding telephone and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high stress environment.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task while maintaining focus on department objectives.
- Ability to function independently and within a team.
- Takes appropriate initiative while soliciting input/advice appropriately.
- Prioritizes time and tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Detail and deadline-oriented.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other members of the Member Services team as well as others throughout the organization.
There are additional competencies linked to individual contributor, provider, and leadership roles. Please consult with your leader to discuss additional competencies that are relevant to your position.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Do you have a question about careers at Martin’s Point Health Care? Contact us at: email@example.com