The Customer Relationship Specialist is a telephone sales/service position responsible for handling incoming and outgoing calls with both existing customers and prospective customers. This full-time position is in Scarborough, Maine and reports to the Customer Relationship Manager. Training on products, services and industry specific computer applications is provided. This position pays a competitive hourly rate, and has commission earning potential.
- Position Summary:
The Customer Relationship Specialist is responsible for placing outgoing and receiving incoming telephone calls from our current customers and prospective customers. The goal of these calls will be to expand relationships with existing customers, retain relationships with existing customers, and acquire new relationships with prospective customers by utilizing effective telephone sales techniques. The Customer Relationship Specialist will demonstrate follow-through by accurately and timely performing a variety of clerical and computer related duties to ensure customer satisfaction. This position provides exceptional customer service based on Dead River Company Customer Guarantees and Performance Pledges.
1. Place outgoing telephone calls and receive incoming telephone calls to prospective and current customers to effectively sell Dead River Company products and services. Actively listen to customer responses and ask clarifying questions to effectively steer the calls and determine appropriate product or service recommendation.
2. Enter complete notes in the system so customer interactions are clearly documented.
3. Develop a thorough knowledge of all departments, products, services, and delivery/service schedules to effectively cross-sell current customers, acquire prospective customers, and respond to customer inquiries.
4. Encourage customers to enroll in programs such as EasyCAP and SharePlus through consultative telephone sales. Participate in promotional programs and contests.
5. Perform computer related input and other clerical tasks relating to one or more of the following: setting up and maintaining customer accounts, credit card processing and payments received by phone.
Assist with special projects and other work-related duties as assigned.
This position regularly interacts with customers over the telephone as well as via email and/or other technology, requiring excellent verbal and written communication skills in addition to excellent customer relations skills. This position occasionally interacts with customers in person as well. The Customer Relationship Specialist cooperatively works with other employees and interacts with other departments.
Minimum 2 years experience using telephone sales techniques in a call center environment.
Computer experience and knowledge of basic accounting is required.
Other Attributes Required:
1) Exceptional verbal and written/electronic communication skills
2) Active listening skills
3) Demonstrated success cross-selling products and services
4) Self-motivated and results-oriented
5) Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment without distraction
6) Courteous demeanor, outgoing personality, and professional appearance
7) Problem solving skills
8) Accuracy, organization, and attention to detail
9) Flexibility to work some nights and weekends may be required as well as flexibility to work overtime if needed
10) The desire to grow and improve as changes occur in the petroleum business
Minimum requirement is a high school diploma or equivalent.
Equipment and Tools Used:
Personal computer, calculator, telephone, computerized accounting system, copier, shredder.
This position makes customer service related decisions while interacting with customers. If Customer Relationship Specialists are unable to completely resolve issues or concerns, they refer the customer to the Customer Relationship Manager for resolution.
The main safety concern relates to proper ergonomics while working at a video display terminal.
The work environment is mainly an office setting. The heating season is typically faster paced than the rest of the year.
Physical Requirements Analysis:
- The position requires frequent sitting and some standing.
- There is frequent use of the fingers to write, input data into a computer system, and handle paperwork
- There is frequent communication involving both speaking and listening in person and over the telephone
Weight or Force Moved:
There is rarely a need to lift or move an object weighing more than 10 pounds.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 2 years sales experience, preferably in a telesales environment
- Exceptional verbal and written/electronic communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Demonstrated success cross-selling products and services
- Consistent goal achievement
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Proficient computer skills
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Flexibility to work evenings and Saturdays with overtime potential
- A focus on Safety!
Dead River Company offers a competitive hourly rate, commission and benefits package including 401(k) plan with company match, health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, STD, LTD, paid vacation, 10 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, education assistance for employees and their children, and discounts on our products. Additionally, Dead River Company promotes community involvement by offering a generous volunteerism benefit. If you have interest in joining a company with a long history of stability and growth, please apply today!