Direct Hire Portland, Maine
- Location: Portland, Maine
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #19014
Location: Falmouth, Maine
Position Overview: Our client located in Falmouth, Maine, is a manufacturer of products designed to improve worker productivity and safety. They are currently seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Financial Analyst to join them on their growing team. In this role, you will be instrumental in the financial analysis and reporting processes, contributing to their company's success.
- Utilize Tableau and other business intelligence tools to create meaningful and informative data visualizations.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis, Excel reporting, and financial modeling to support decision-making processes.
- Review job costs and analyze variances to plan, providing explanations and recommendations for corrective actions.
- Perform margin analysis on brand, sales channel, and product line categories.
- Validate pricing for products coming out of our configurator.
- Support quarterly forecasting and annual budgeting processes.
- Create ROI analyses to evaluate potential investments in the business, presenting recommendations to management.
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements and other management reports.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including finance, operations, sales, and other departments.
- Regularly meet with and present findings to senior leadership.
- Continuously improve financial analysis and reporting processes, identifying opportunities for process automation, efficiency, and internal control.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in financial analysis or related field.
- Experience with Tableau or similar business intelligence tools preferred.
- Basic understanding of US GAAP and accounting principles.
- Cost accounting experience preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel user, including LOOKUP functions, pivot tables, and building templates for efficient recurring analysis/reporting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and general navigation through ERP systems.
- Competitive salary and benefits packages.
- Paid time off for Vacation, Sick/Personal, Maternity/Paternity Leave, and Community Service/Volunteer work.
- Affordable Medical and Vision coverage.
- FREE company-paid Dental coverage.
- Company-paid Life Insurance.
- Tuition Reimbursement & Career Development Plans.
- Flexible work-from-home (WFH) model after the probationary period ends.
- Fun and collaborative team members.
- The opportunity to reach a worldwide customer base.
If you are a self starter with a background in finance and are looking to advance your career, this is the position you have been waiting for!