Job Posting End Date: 04/13
Our Fortune 500 company is driving a digital transformation and looking for forward-thinking innovators to disrupt how our industry thinks about and uses technology. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers, we help millions of people gain affordable access to benefits that help them protect their families, their finances and their futures.
Are you an asker of questions, a solver of problems, and a challenger of the status quo? Our mission is to provide a differentiated customer experience and exceed the expectations people have of technology at any company — not just insurers.
We are seeking individuals to join our team of talented IT professionals who share never-ending passion and an unwavering focus on our customer experience. Team members comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced, and delivery-focused environment thrive in our environment where we value an entrepreneurial spirit and those who challenge the status-quo.
Unum is changing, and we’re excited about what’s next. Join us.
General Summary:This role will provide leadership and guidance to several agile teams supporting the Automation and Workflow Management services or functional areas of IT. They work with their team to implement and deliver new solutions to enable, enhance or transform business capabilities or services.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, software engineering, or similar discipline or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience in software/application development with the following technology: C#, Java, .Net, Microsoft Technologies, Web Services, SaaS Model, Integration Technologies, SDLC, Pega Platform, Pega Robotics, Automation Anywhere
- 8+ years of hands on experience with Pega application architecture & development. Must have comprehensive knowledge of platform capabilities and technologies, including channel development, multi-tenancy, SaaS benefits and detriments, effective code delivery and management. Has a deep understanding of modeling effective business processes & operations within the platform and when to integrate the platform with automation
- Hands on experience with Pega Robotics development. Can effectively communicate the differences and benefits with Process & Desktop Automation in tandem with platform initiatives
- Experience with Data Integrations services and legacy transformation
- Leadership experience in executing IT plans successfully that enable technical or business capabilities and address technology or business priorities
- Strong understanding of Agile/Lean leadership principles
- Experience with managing budgets and strategic planning. Execution / Implementation of plans.
- Demonstrates passion for technology and keeps abreast of latest state of the art offerings in the process management space
- People / Project Management Experience in application development is a plus
- Pega Certified Sr. Systems Architect; CLSA 1 +is preferred or actively pursuing.
- Experience in financial services or insuranceindustries is a plus
- Prior management experience is a plus
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads functional areas of Automation & Digital Case Management to build, enhance, transform, and support technology and/or business services by successfully delivering on outcomes.
- Engages in strategic planning with business and IT stakeholders to provide direction, guidance or recommendations on technology and architectural considerations. Applies innovative methods utilizing IT assets and capabilities in alignment with the organization’s strategic direction and tactical plans. In partnership with practice leaders, drives application of the company’s technical and architectural roadmap objectives.
- Defines a portfolio of change and roadmap. Engages and influences IT and business leaders to ensure the portfolio will deliver agreed business objectives. In collaboration with the IT AVP and IT finance creates and manages budgets.
- Leverages deep understanding of IT Application Development, emerging technologies, and technical capabilities to guide and influence stakeholders and teams in developing solutions, build, deployment, testing and ongoing management of automation & case management services.
- Understands the needs of a self-organizing team (cross-functioning, partners with the business, collaborative, works quickly and unencumbered, be empowered and autonomous, be able to focus on self-improvement) and supports the management activities that make self-organization successful.
- Ensures that the agile teams apply the best software engineering practices including, but not limited to: test driven development, peer reviews, continuous integration and deployment practices, unit and regression test automation, comprehensive approaches to addressing non-functional requirements, adherence to standards, comprehensive ‘definition of done,’ team retrospectives, etc.
- Understands patterns and trends that contribute to utilizing key performance indicators and critical success factors that will improve the performance of the organization.
- Understands at a deep level the fundamental benefits of leveraging the Pega Platform in conjunction with the desires of each Value Stream and Customer Journey initiatives and able to effectively communicate these benefits to executive leadership
- Deep understanding of the application of platforms and technologies that support operational teams with unified desktops, channel-less intake
Our company is built on helping individuals and families, and this starts with our employees. Working here means doing interesting work alongside talented people, and having the opportunity to balance your work and life. In return for your innovation and hard work, we provide you with access to the benefits and resources you need to invest in yourself. From our onsite fitness facilities and generous paid time off to professional development programs, we are committed to helping you live and work your best – both inside and outside the office.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.