This position is responsible for accounting and financial reporting analysis under US GAAP and regulatory coordination for all financial information and regulatory filings within Central Maine Power Company (CMP), Maine Natural Gas Corporation (MNG) and Maine Electric Power Company (MEPCO). Primarily, this role will oversee all financial information related to CMP, MNG and MEPCO including stand alone and FERC reporting. This role will assist in all regulatory processes (as lead by the regulatory team) and the forecasting process (for both long-term planning and budgets). This role will be responsible for understanding the end-to-end results and reporting for CMP, MNG and MEPCO. This role will have direct reports and will be supported by centralized services across the Control team and must have strong collaboration skills.
- Reviews and coordinates monthly performance reporting for CMP, MNG and MEPCO along with communication of results to the ME CEO and MNG CEO (under US GAAP and IFRS).
- Responsible for being the lead liaison with ME Regulatory and reviewing all CMP, MNG and MEPCO financial regulatory filings.
- Responsible for reviewing and coordinating rate case data responses relating to financial information and rate case filings for CMP and MNG, including testimony, if required.
- Responsible for reviewing the CMP, MNG and MEPCO external Financial Reporting (standalone Financial Statements and FERC reporting).
- Assists in the annual Budgeting process along with three forecast updates annually specifically over reviewing and providing key inputs and reviewing results.
- Assists in the ongoing update of the long-term financial plan for CMP, MNG and MEPCO and reviewing of as well as providing key inputs.
- Participation in the preparation and review of Investment/divestment standard and related valuation work for CMP, MNG and MEPCO.
- Develop, maintain, and oversee financial analysis as it relates to ad-hoc requests and/or ongoing corporate objectives.
Skills and Requirements
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting and/or Finance with minimum of ten years relevant work experience in the finance/control area.
- Advance degree or certification preferred.
- Expert knowledge in accounting, finance, overall financial statements and cash flows, regulatory accounting.
- Exposure to IFRS Accounting a plus.
- Strong collaboration skills particularly across organizations.
- Strong Customer Service Orientation.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines.
- Microsoft Office Suites computer skills.
- SAP knowledge.
- Strong Delivery focus.
- Ability to prioritize and use initiative at appropriate level.
- Confidence to challenge/question where appropriate.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong financial modeling skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Excel/spreadsheets, SAP and BPC.
- Be a role model
- Be agile
- Collaborate and Share
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Focus to achieve results
- Technical Skills
Our Selection Process
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables