Join Martin's Point Health Care - an innovative, not-for-profit health care organization offering care and coverage to the people of Maine and beyond. As a joined force of "people caring for people," Martin's Point employees are on a mission to transform our health care system while creating a healthier community. Martin's Point employees enjoy an organizational culture of trust and respect, where our values - taking care of ourselves and others, continuous learning, helping each other, and having fun - are brought to life every day. Join us and find out for yourself why Martin's Point has been certified as a "Great Place to Work" since 2015. The Director of Organizational Communications develops and deploys the organizational communications strategy, which includes internal and executive communications that support Martin’s Point’s mission and culture. Additionally, the Director is responsible for increasing the cohesiveness of internal and external messaging at the organizational level. The Director provides strong leadership and excellent management to the department personnel. The Director develops recurring communications vehicles and customized communications/presentations to inform employees about special projects or initiatives. Communications must be tightly synchronized with the MPHC strategies, advance our culture and enhance employees understanding of our goals and mission. The Director of Organizational Communications will also consult with and coach the President and CEO and Executive Management Team for expert delivery of key messages.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive strategic plan for organizational communications that aligns with Martin’s Point’s mission, strategies and culture.
- Proactively seeks opportunities for the Executive Management Team, especially the President and CEO , to dialog with Martin’s Point employees about our strategic initiatives, goals and our culture.
- Works to enhance the connection points between internal and external communications at the organizational level.
- Works closely with the organization to develop communications that reflect the vision, tone, and direction of the President and CEO.
- Implements plans to ensure that internal messaging is appropriate, consistent and inspiring to employees.
- Closely monitors the pulse of the organization and ensures that communication efforts are building trust throughout the organization.
- Collaborates with Martin’s Point leaders to create a strategy and content for internal communications.
- Develops and monitors content for the internal website.
- Develops new communication vehicles to enhance transparency of information to all employees.
- Develops tests, and implements a comprehensive crisis communication plan.
- Coordinates closely with the Marketing department’s strategic and operating programs.
- Leads and manages a high performing Communications team that achieves the department operating plan goals and that continually develops individual and team competencies.
- ? Bachelor’s degree required. Masters Degree preferred.
- ? Minimum of ten years experience in public relations/communications with accomplishments in the strategic applications of communications functions and services.
- ? Minimum of 8 years of team management experience in a corporation or other organized entity.
- ? Experience using a wide array of communication tools from print media to television to Internet and interactive technology.
- ? Must have significant experience leading Internal Communications within an organization.
- ? Health care and/or not-for-profit experience preferred.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Do you have a question about careers at Martin’s Point Health Care? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org