Northern Light Maine Coast Hospital
Department: Cardiology Clinic
Position is located: Northern Light Maine Coast Hospital
Work Type: PRN
Work Schedule: Variable
Under the direction of the Patient Access Manager, the Registration Representative II is responsible for timely and accurate Outpatient Preregistration and Registration functions, while able to back up the Financial Counselor, Switchboard Operator and ED Patient Representative. Works closely with other departments to ensure a proper and patient friendly experience while acting as the Patient Access expert.
- Obtains and verifies demographic, financial, and patient identification from patient or guarantor using E-Plus/PayNav as well as obtaining a consent to treatment and informing patient/guarantor of their rights.
- Accurately enters registrations for Ancillary Departments with the use of AOM orders and outside requisitions for all Outpatient Services.
- Is responsible for Preregistration of Medical Imaging Services and Surgical Services to ensure accuracy and point of service care, while collecting pre-service monies.
- Works in concert with the ED Patient Representative to ensure accurate Emergency Department registrations and help with admissions.
- Gathers NPI information for non-staff providers and emails information to be added to UPIN dictionary and actually verifies status and licensure of provider and adds to the UPIN dictionary.
- Collaborates and assists with Financial Counseling. Reviews daily mail and processes simple applications while helping to counsel walk in patients and family.
- Assists and provides coverage for Admissions, ED Patient Representative and Switchboard duties as needed.
- Assists Ancillary departments with questions and other front-line staff with registration questions/concerns.
- Acts as the Patient Access expert for an everchanging workflow.
- Performs any/all other related duties as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
Competencies and skills:
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status