Bargaining Unit/Salary Range: Salary and Benefits commensurate with the Agreement between the MCCS Trustees and the MEA Faculty Unit. Pay range is 40s to low 50s, based on credentials.
Central Maine Community College seeks an instructor in Building Construction Technology. This is a full-time instructor position that includes advising students. This position may require instructing day and evening classes, and it would begin teaching responsibilities in the Fall 2023 semester.
- 5 or more years of trade/supervisory experience in residential construction field, including framing and finish work
- Field experience I knowledge of rafter framing and finish stair construction
- Working knowledge of ICC codes
- Understanding of building science principles
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience with construction documents and ability to estimate using Excel spreadsheets
- An associate degree or demonstrated equivalent work history
- Experience teaching in a community college or career technical center environment
- A bachelor's degree
- Commercial I light commercial and residential construction work experience
- Building Performance Institute certification
- OSHA 10 in Construction Instructor certified
Consideration of applications will begin June 14, 2023 and continue until the positions are filled. Please send a letter of application addressing the above, a current resume including names, addresses and telephone numbers of three references, and a completed CMCC employment application (available at www.cmcc.edu) to:
Central Maine Community College
Human Resources Department
1250 Turner Street
Auburn, ME 04210
Central Maine Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and non-discriminatory environment for all employees. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. For more information, please contact (207) 755-5396.