Northern Light AR Gould Hospital
Mars Hill, ME
Schedule: Regular Full-time
Hours: 8am-4pm/8am-5pm *Generous sign on bonus available*
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / MISSION STATEMENT
: The Resident Clinical Coordinator is a professional nurse registered in the State of Maine who supervises and coordinates all nursing activities on a unit for provision of 24-hour resident care. Must demonstrate initiative, knowledge and clinical skills in caring for residents with varying needs. Must demonstrate a genuine interest in geriatric nursing with preparation and training in such areas as geriatric, rehabilitative, geropsychiatric nursing. Demonstrates preparation, training and interest in management and principles of supervision. Demonstrates emotional stability and maturity with the ability to maintain a good working relationship with all levels of personnel.
1. Collaborates with charge nurse to assure assessment ofthe needs, problems and/or concerns of the residents.
2. Evaluates the outcome of nursing care rendered.
3. Collaborates with charge nurses to assure 24-hour coverage for nursing care.
4. Facilitates communication between staff, resident and f amily.
5. Maintains resident and staff confidentiality.
6. Participate in department quality improvement activities.
7. Comply with mandated hospital and department education programs. Accept responsibility for professional growth and development.
8. Support Risk Management and Infection Control programs.
9. Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy and objectives of the AR Gould organization.
10. Maintain a safe environment for healthcare workers, patients, and/or visitors complying with NLH policies and procedures; review, document and address all incidents and safety violations within area of responsibility; report all lost time due to reported work injuries within 24 hours to local HR BP or Safety contact; support and facilitate open and non-punitive communication among NLH employees, non-employed healthcare workers, patients and visitors, reporting and addressing patient and environmental safety concerns.
1. Performs other work related duties as assigned.
1. Current Maine Registered Nurse License.
Variable work schedule.Available by telephone to staff for staffing needs/issues which may arise on weekends, holidays, nights when on supervisory coverage.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
2. Successful completion of orientation program for specific area assigned.
3. Successful completion of AR Gould certification programs as required by
4. BLS is required within the first week of employment. Employees must maintain
CPR certification throughout employment when in a clinical position.
5. Good Interpersonal skills.
6. Basic computer skills preferred.
7. Experience is preferred.
8. De-escalation and workplace violence training will be completed at hire prior to
release from orientation.
1. Sitting 1-3hours/day.
2. Standing 4-7hours/day.
3. Walking 4-7hours/day.
4. Lifting25-50 lbs. with good body mechanics.
5. Twisting –frequent (500-1000 twists/day).
6. Bending –moderate (130-480 pinches/day).
7. Squatting –1-3 hours/day.
8. Endurance –heavy energy requirements (7-9 mets).
9. Wrist position – slight to moderate deviation of wrist.
10. Pinching –moderate (130-480 pinches/day).
11. Hand/Wrist repetitions – moderate (1000-2880/day).
12. ManualDexterity – frequent fine motor skills required.
13. Either handedness – 70 – 100% of the job cycle time.
14. Requires accurate ear vision 20/20 and 20/40 for far vision.
15. Requires both green/red, blue/violet discrimination.
16. Requires accurate depth perception.
17. Requires hearing whispered voice at 8 feet.
18. Speech,frequent, clear speaking ability 4-8 hours/day.
19. Infections(exposure to infections that can cause significant morbidity and/or
mortality) –frequent exposure to infections.
1.Low Temperature – no exposure or not assessed.
2.High Temperature – work environment 70-80 degrees Fahrenheit.
3.Infections – frequent exposure to infections.
4.Wetness – moderate exposure to water or dampness.
5.Slippery Surfaces – occasional work on surfaces thatare slippery.
6.Uneven Surfaces – occasional work where surfaces are uneven.
7.Non-ionizing Radiation (welding flash, microwaves,sunburn) – moderate
8.Noise – steady exposure to voices, bells, buzzers, routine noises and occasional loud sounds.
9.Body Injuries (exposure to circumstances which may cause minor injuries superficial cuts, mild blows, sprains, strains, slips,etc.) – moderate likelihood of minor injury.
10. Body Injuries (exposure to circumstances which may cause significant traumatic injury: deep cuts, fractures, orpermanent disabling injuries) – moderate likelihood of significant traumatic injury.
11. Moving Objects (exposure to moving objects, which may cause minor injuries: superficial cuts, mild blows. sprains,strains, slips, etc.) – slight likelihood of minor injury from moving objects.
12. Moving Objects (exposure to moving objects which may cause significant traumatic injury: deep cuts, fractures, orpermanent disabling injuries) – slight likelihood of significant injury form moving objects.
13. Toxic Conditions – moderate likelihood of exposure to toxic conditions.
14. Working With Others – great, association is frequent and comprises a major portion of the job.
15. Lack of Control over Pace of Work – Frequent; periods of incentive-based, assignment based, or machine controlled pace.
16. Role Ambiguity – slight, rarely is not clear what others expect of the worker.
17. Irregular Or Extended Work Hours (the degree to which hours exceed 8 per day or hours and shift change) – Moderate.
18. Irregular Or Extended Days Of Assignment – Occasional possibility.
1.Problem Solving – Frequent problem solving required.
2.Judgment/Assessment – Continuously assesses situations and determines corrective actions needed.
3.Supervision – Supervises 1-3 individuals and must perform functions involved with supervision of employees in the particular department.
4.Reading/Comprehension – Must be able to read and comprehend greater than grade 10 level of instructions.
5.Math/Arithmetic – Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, divide, perform fractions, and calculate percentages.
1.Composure Under Working Conditions (including demanding, rude, and/or violent residents/staff/visitors) – Must remain calm and exercise self-control in working relationships with residents, staff, and visitors.
2.Coping Skills For Stresses Associated With Illness,Disability, Dying, and/or Death – Works directly with persons who are or may become ill, disabled, or dying on a regular basis; may be present at the death bed and have to care for the body of the deceased.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
1.Willingness to work cooperatively is necessary.
2.Strong public relations and customer satisfaction motivation.
3.Displays all aspects of the Service Excellence Culture supported by the Aroostook Medical Center.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Healthcare | Management
Share this job