Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
The CIEE Teach Abroad and TEFL programs are looking for a Marketing Manager to lead the marketing strategy and to collaborate on the business strategy for these dynamic program groups. The ideal candidate must be able to work at the strategic level generating
rigorous, innovative ideas for growth and at the tactical level managing internal workflow, overseeing marketing campaigns, leveraging external partner resources, and solving daily business marketing pain points. The ideal candidate must also have proven management
skills and a history of solving complex marketing challenges at all stages of the enrollment funnel.
As a Marketing Manager you must be a marketing thought leader, understand the depth and breadth of marketing tactics, and be able to advise business managers on impactful strategies to meet their short and long term growth objectives. You must be able to successfully
manage and set the workflow to manage digital, print, and traditional projects. We expect you to be a partner in running these business: to know the lead and sales pipelines and how they correspond to enrollment success.
You should be prepared to work with the business managers to manage the strategy for the businesses; you must be current on enrollment progress at all time, be able to shift priorities and make recommendations on how to boost interest in Teaching English Abroad.
You will have a strong relationship and access to a rotating content marketing intern who produces blogs, maintains contact with alumni, and creates positive energy for CIEE Teach Abroad and CIEE TEFL.
• Understand the Teach Abroad and TEFL markets: competitors, alternatives, and differences; you must be the market expert
• Create market strategy for each program including marketing tactic, media placement, digital strategy, direct marketing strategy and collection for integrated representation of programs.
• Manage client engagement from initial client contact, preparing proposals, to defining scope of work, negotiating fees, and leading internal teams to support client growth objectives
• Manage agency and freelance relationships as needed – designers, copywriters, editors
• Proactively leverage data, market insights, marketing tools and the spectrum of marketing channels to develop and execute impactful strategic recommendations
• Pull together internal and external resources to achieve client objectives
• Effectively present work output to clients and supports other team members in the same
• Direct activity on assigned accounts, keeping clients informed of account direction and driving forward momentum on monthly projects
• Meet deadlines, leading internal teams, budgeting/forecasting, campaign analysis, and tracking/monitoring
• Manage creative production of online and offline marketing assets, graphic design, video production and web development, from the initial concept to finished product and execution
• Execute annual marketing plan tasks for the Study Abroad business unit
• Manage all marketing and production requests, taking an active role in reviewing project goals, editing/ copywriting, providing clear direction to the marketing team and/or agency, reviewing proofs, and delivering projects as scheduled
• Manage project teams to execute projects on schedule and in keeping with overall strategic goals
• Develop and edit content for existing and new materials and campaigns including print brochures, websites, advertising, mailings, and other activities
• Run regular project meetings with the managers or directors, marketing team, and agency/freelancers as needed.
• Manage, train, mentor and develop direct reports depending on future growth
• Other duties and projects as assigned• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
• 5+ years marketing experience in educational/academic industry preferred
• Client management experience (internal and external) required, including proven ability to handle multiple deliverables with tight deadlines
• Demonstrable ability to take ownership and accountability, and act on business goals and objectives
• Flexibility and interest in a dynamic, team-oriented environment required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, required
• High level of attention to detail required
• Strong analytical, and time management skills required
• Experience with student enrollment systems, Salesforce CRM, and Marketo marketing automation applications strongly preferred
• Experience abroad strongly preferred
• Flexibility and interest in a dynamic, team-oriented working environment
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required
• Proven track record of growing accounts by forging a strong relationship with clients, understand their objectives and recommend best strategies
• 5+ years account management or agency experience a plus
• Comfortable with ‘test and learn’ approach for best practice sharing
Some evening and weekend work, as well as domestic and international travel, may be required.
Work Environment Requirements:
• Ability to perform the essential functions of the position listed above
• Lifting: 0-25 lbs; frequency of lifting: infrequent
• Ability to speak and listen on a telephone
• Ability to type, and view a computer screen
• Ability to bend and sort paperwork in a filing cabinet
CIEE’s typical work week is Monday-Friday, forty hours per week. Regular work schedules may vary based on business needs.
Due to federal regulations a background check will be conducted as a condition of employment.Please ensure that you attach BOTH a customized cover letter and a current resume labeled according to the job that you have applied for. We prefer that you submit the file as a single PDF or Word document if possible.
If you have applied through our automated system in the past, please be sure to Edit Your Profile and click on the Attachments link to upload the documents specific to this position.
Greater Portland/Casco Bay
Management | Marketing