- Position Summary
- The ICU Registered Nurse (RN) coordinates total nursing care for patients ranging in age from infants to the elderly, as appropriate to discipline. Participates in patient and family teaching and provides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary nursing and other members of the health care team in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Nursing degree preferred.
- License/Certifications: Active State of NH nursing license. Current BCLS required for all. ACLS required for critical care departments. Other certifications specific to department policies may be required.
- Experience: Minimum two years' critical care/ICU experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of nursing processes; structure and functions
- Knowledge of chart/medical record documentation and terminology requirements and federal/state laws related to release of health care information
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary for interacting with patients, physicians, supervisors and other staff
- Skill in time management, problem solving, multitasking, prioritizing and medical care coordination
- Ability to calculate and administer drug dosages and injections and measure results
- Ability to respond the changing workload based on patient census and to direct, supervise and evaluate care in order to individualize nursing care provided to patients
- Ability to maintain professional manner even under stressful situations
- Proficient computer skills
About Memorial Hospital:
Memorial Hospital is a 25 bed Critical Access Hospital with a friendly team setting located in Mount Washington Valley, New Hampshire. The Valley, as it is called by locals, is known for its scenic beauty in the shadow of the White Mountains. A haven for outdoor enthusiasts, the North Conway area is a great place to live and work, with dozens of ski areas and hundreds of hiking and biking trails just outside your door. The tourism industry is a major business driver in the area, and Memorial Hospital is one of the area’s largest employers. Famous for its outlet shopping, North Conway is 2-3 hours from several major metropolitan areas and their airports, such as Boston, Portland and Concord.
We are one of eleven members of the MaineHealth network including: Franklin Community Health Network, LincolnHealth, Maine Behavioral Healthcare, MaineHealth Care at Home, Maine Medical Center, NorDx, Pen Bay Medical Center, Southern Maine Health Care, Waldo County General Hospital, and Western Maine Health.
For more information on career opportunities at Memorial Hospital, contact Beth Carpenter, Senior Recruiter/Talent Acquisition Partner at email@example.com or (603) 356-4939.