Northern Light Sebasticook Valley Hospital
Department: Courier and Transport Services
Position is located: Dow Building Office
Work Type: PRN
The purpose of this position is to provide transportation for patients, in a professional and competent manner.
- Drives hospital vehicle to make deliveries or pickups of people in various locations in our service area.
- Records and completes accurate documentation needed for budgeting purposes.
- Maintains the upkeep of the courtesy vehicle (interior and exterior).
- Receive phone calls and help with scheduling of van rides.
- Schedule all maintenance on courtesy van.
- Prepare monthly reports for manager and CFO.
- Assist Business Office with mail or other duties when schedule allows.
- Maintains a safe environment which includes knowing and understanding hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Reports and directly addresses identified environmental hazards when appropriate.
- Reports and directly addresses violations of patient safety policy and/or protocol when involved or observed.
Competencies and skills:
* 1+ years of relative work experience required.
* Demonstrates Emotional Intelligence: Exhibits a high level of self-awareness, self-management, other awareness and relationship management. Conducts themselves in an empathic, appropriate way, with a sense of humor and stimulates a collaborative work environment. Is respectful of the attitudes, feelings, or circumstances of others and aware of the influence of their own behavior on them. Is aware of relevant social, political, system, and professional trends and developments and uses this information for the organization's benefit.
* Effectively Communicates: Listens, speaks and writes appropriately, using clear language. Communication methods are fitting to the message(s), audience, and situation and follow-ups are regular and timely. Shows that important (non-) verbal information is absorbed and understood and asks further questions to clarify when necessary. Expresses ideas and views clearly to others and has ability to adjust use of language to the audiences' level.
* Promotes Health and Safety: Promotes a healthy and safe environment for patients, employees and visitors. Advocates and models healthy physical and mental health behaviors even in challenging circumstances. Sets high quality standards and strives for continuous improvement and quality assurance by reporting and encouraging others to report near misses and safety issues.
* High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
* Potential exposure to abusive and/or aggressive people.
* Potential exposure to diseases or infections.
* Need to drive to perform responsible duties.
* Potential exposure to hazardous materials.
* Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
* Lifting, moving and loading 30 to 50 pounds.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status