Catholic Charities Maine Refugee & Immigration Services has a Full Time opening for a Refugee Health Promotion Grant Manager. The primary objective of the Health Promotion Project for New Mainers is to develop, promote, implement, and sustain health literacy education workshops, materials and group wellness sessions for refugees and other eligible immigrants that have recently come to Maine. Through this education, refugees will learn three aspects to personal and long-term health within their new community: ability to understand and utilize physical and mental health service options, ability to navigate the health system, and ability to know and apply for health insurance programs. The Refugee Health Promotion Grant Manager will promote health literacy, collaborate with the refugee medical screening team and medical screening providers, and support and supervise statewide subcontractors workshop activities. The secondary objective of the Health Promotion grant is to ensure follow up with ORR eligible clients in need of chronic health condition follow up services through targeted case management and collaboration with local FQHCs. The position is based in Lewiston with statewide travel.
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. A bachelor’s degree in social work or health sciences is preferred.
- Three (3) years of work experience in social services or health related services is preferred.
- Experience managing a grant or large independent project preferred.
- Multilingual skills and experience working in multi-cultural settings is desirable.
- Knowledge of the health care system and community resources in Lewiston/Auburn area is also preferred.
Catholic Charities provides an excellent benefits package for full time employees, including:
- 5 weeks of Earned Time (first year!)
- Bereavement Time off
- 6 agency holidays
- 401k agency contribution
- 10% Employee discount on childcare at our Catholic Charities Child Development Centers (Portland and Biddeford)
- Mileage reimbursement
- Electronic Health Record system
- Medical, Dental, Vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance
- ADP LifeMart Employee Discount program
- Highly Incentivized Health and Wellness program!
If making a difference is your passion, Catholic Charities Maine is a great place to be! Resumes will be accepted until position is filled.
You may submit your cover letter and resume (indicating the position title) via our website (www.ccmaine.org) or email (email@example.com), fax (207-523-2789), or mail to Human Resources Office, Catholic Charities Maine P.O. Box 10660, Portland, ME 04104.
Catholic Charities Maine is a United Way and EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled Employer
Click Here to Apply Online