This position is for mid-shift 11a-11p
Provides for delivery of nursing care to patients of all ages within Emergency Department. Responsible for direct nursing care of patients including assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation within the policies, procedures and standards of the Emergency Department and MDI Hospital.
MDI Hospital offers a competitive salary, medical/dental/life insurance, matching retirement plan, paid vacation and sick time, wellness program, tuition reimbursement, and continuing education benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
MDI Hospital and Birch Bay Retirement Village offer a competitive salary, robust medical/dental/vision/life insurance, identity theft protection program, matching retirement plan, ample paid time off, a comprehensive award winning wellness program with reimbursement incentives, generous tuition reimbursement, and continuing education benefits. Some positions may qualify for a sign on bonus and relocation assistance.
MDI Hospital and Birch Bay Retirement Village provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
Education, Training or Certifications Required:
- Holds a current Maine RN license or eligible through state licensure via Nursing License Compact.
- Annual CPR certification; Biannual ACLS and PALS. TNCC every four years ENPC encouraged.
- Certified Emergency Nurse preferred.
- Evidence of participation in continuing education in emergency nursing or critical care nursing.
- Proficiency training/experience in medication administration.
- Proficient in nursing process: assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care.
- Emergency or critical care/telemetry nursing experience, including experience as charge nurse preferred.
- Demonstrates proficient IV skills.
- Possesses basic computer skills familiarity with information systems computerized charting and monitoring systems preferred.
- Proficient at Cardiac monitoring and provision of ACLS to all ages.
- Proficient at trauma care to all ages.
- Emotional maturity and good people skills required.
- Able to take in, process and apply clinical information in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Ability to integrate complex clinical information into a useful format and communicate this to medical and nursing staff.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively in emergent situations.
- Able to collect, sort and prioritize data.
- Ability to process complex clinical information and respond appropriately.
- Ability to learn new techniques and incorporate them into nursing practice.
- Able to sit, stand and/or walk for an 8 or 12-hour shift.
- Has adequate hearing, vision, speech and manual dexterity to communicate with the patients and to complete any necessary daily tasks.
- General health must be such as to regularly work scheduled hours.
- Must be able to bend and lift 25-50 lbs. (assisting patients in and out of beds, etc.).