The HRIS analyst is responsible for the system administration and maintenance of the human resources management system in addition to any other systems supported by the HR department. The incumbent serves as the technical point of contact for assigned functional areas and assists subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analytics and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities. The HRIS Analyst will also support Human Resources Management System (HRMS) upgrades, patches, testing and other technical projects as assigned.
- Reviews, tests, and implements HRMS upgrades and patches. Collaborates with business partners and vendors to coordinate application of upgrades, maintenance, fixes and outages.
- Maintains HRMS database tables for data integrity, security and efficiency, as well as, maintains and updates application documentation, workflow processes and process results.
- Provides troubleshooting support for the HRMS to include research and resolution of HRMS problems. Performs scheduled activities timely and accurately and recommends solutions or alternate methods to meet business requirements.
- Serves as key liaison with internal and external business partners regarding business process, workflow optimization and troubleshooting.
- Writes, maintains and supports a variety of reports or queries using appropriate reporting tools. Develops standard reports for ongoing customer needs.
- Develops user procedures, guidelines, system documentation and user acceptance training test scripts. Trains employees on system use, new processes and system functionality.
- Maintains awareness of current trends in HRMS with a focus on product and service development, delivery and support. Researches current trends in the HRMS and industry best practices, recommends improvements to enhance functionality and service. Applies best practices to training, workflows and documentation.
- Security administrator for core HR system. Collaborates with internal business partners to ensure applications are maintained and solutions offered to meet all performance, security and compliance requirements.
- Interfaces with business partners to manage relationships and ensure proper delivery of services per service level agreements.
- Collaborates with IT and appropriate external business partners to maintain systems and data integrity for all applications.
- Collaborates with IT in evaluating and recommending new technology applications necessary to meet department and organizational objectives and to ensure compatibility with company overall system architecture.
- Creates and delivers training programs in partnership with Director, Organization Development Training.
- Bachelors’ degree with three or more years of experience with data analysis, reporting and system maintenance or an equivalent combination of work and education experience required.
- Three to five years of HRIS required. UltiPro experience a plus.
- One to two years of project management experience a plus.
- Strong math and analysis experience required.
- Previous experience with deployments, upgrades and patches a must. System implementation experience a plus.
- Must have in-depth understanding of HR business practices including payroll and benefits.
- Experience with Enterprise Level Business intelligence platforms and Business Intelligence tools such as Cognos, Power BI, Tableau. Experience with dashboard creation and reporting a plus.
- Basic hands on experience with SQL is required.
- Excellent time management, organizational, prioritization and follow through skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office. Advanced Excel user, comfortable with complex formulas and functions such as pivot tables, VLOOKUP, INDEX-MATCH, IF-THEN-ELSE, COUNTIF, SUMIF and more.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to produce with superior accuracy is a must.
- Critical and independent analytical thinking skills required.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team. Ability to build rapport across business lines.
MEMIC is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetics, gender identity, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.