Position Title: Contracts Analyst - Global Procurement Center of Excellence
Department: Strategic Partnerships / Global Procurement
Original Creation Date: May 2022
Reporting To: Contracts Senior Manager - Global Procurement Center of Excellence
Employment Type: Summer Intern (full time) or Temporary (either part time or full time)
Employment Duration: Estimated 8 to 12 weeks if full time (until project completion)
Covetrus is a global animal-health technology and services company dedicated to empowering veterinary practice partners to drive improved health and financial outcomes. We are bringing together products, services, and technology into a single platform that connects our customers to the solutions and insights they need to work best. Our passion for the well-being of animals and those who care for them drives us to advance the world of veterinary medicine.
Covetrus is looking for a Contracts Analyst to join our Global Procurement team as a Summer 2022 intern or a temporary hire. This position will be responsible for execution of a project to ascertain and enter complete and accurate contract data from several hundred (exact number TBD) active vendor contracts to a new contract management system, Coupa CRM, which the Covetrus Global Procurement organization has recently implemented. This requires careful analysis of each contract to understand its scope and purpose, and the various types of relevant data that it contains within its terms. The Analyst will set up each contract in this new system by creating a new entry and manually entering the data (including making the proper selections to classify the contract), and finding applicable links and file attachments from preexisting systems of record (namely Docusign SpringCM) to add as well. This work will require close collaboration with the Contracts Senior Manager overseeing the project, as well as frequent interaction with both the various contract owners across the Global Procurement organization and members of the Legal department who support them. In order to perform the duties of the project, the Analyst will first need to complete adequate training in Coupa CRM, SpringCM, and potentially other software systems and tools.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- For Summer Intern – Two Options:
- Current law school student (graduate JD program) who is leaning more toward a career in transactions/contracts as opposed to litigation, and who has interests in areas such as business or commercial law, legal technology, risk analysis and management, regulatory compliance, business operations management, and data management; or
- Current undergraduate who is student studying (or has interest in) business management, operations/logistics/procurement, pre-law, data management, or other relevant professional areas
- For Temporary Hire: Working professional with pertinent legal background (e.g. paralegal, contract management etc.), or experience in procurement operations or data management; CLM software experience is a big plus, particularly with Coupa and/or Docusign SpringCM
- In General: Other skills and qualifications that all candidates should possess are as follows:
- Above all, excellent analytical and reading comprehension skills, and a critical eye for detail
- An ability to work through potentially dense written material for long stretches of time while maintaining focus and precision; and to see and appreciate the “big-picture value” of projects that may frequently require work efforts of a seemingly mundane and/or arduous nature
- Acumen to quickly learn new software systems and workflow procedures
- A genuine appreciation for strong data hygiene and organization, in conjunction with an ability to recognize such practices and a foundational knowledge of what they require
- A congenial disposition along with strong written and verbal communication skills to comfortably and effectively reach out to others to ask pertinent questions, efficiently gather key pieces of information, escalate potential risks and issues, and provide clear and succinct project status updates
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work 100% remote
- Pet friendly office environment (if/when want to come into the office)
- Extensive computer use
- No business travel is required
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.