Northern Light Acadia Hospital
Department: Mood and Memory Clinic
Position is located: Acadia
Work Type: Full Time
FTE: 1.00 - 40 hours
Work Schedule: 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM - Sign-on Available
To be successful, the individual in this position must: Possess skills that enable him or her to provide day to day clinical support to Inpatient LIPs and nursing staff at the direction of the attending physician. The Medical Assistant performs administrative and patient care duties that assist with the evaluation and treatment of the patient. This position will also serve as a liaison between patient, families and practitioners.
- Completion of daily progress notes and other documentation as directed by Physician.
- Assist Physician with flow management to ensure all paperwork/patient interviews are completed on schedule and in a timely manner
- Research Duties:
- Inputting Acuity data in the database
- Inputting ASEBA data in the database during admissions
- Submit billing for LIP services.
- Assess need for and completion of Prior Authorizations in consultation with the LIP
- Collect data needed for completion of Medication Reconciliation at direction of LIP.
- Collect data needed for daily encounters, which may include collecting lab results, obtaining vital signs or performing an EKG for the purposes of medication management.
- Complete Depart Tool documentation at direction of LIP.
- Liaise with Nursing staff and other clinical team members.
- Liaise with Pharmacy regarding patient medications.
- Liaise with identified patient supports; obtain collateral information and provide treatment plan updates as directed by LIP.
- Provide Clinical Associates with clinical information needed for appropriate referrals and support as needed.
- Maintain patient confidentiality with patients and fellow employees.
- Obtain clinical information from external sources including Health Info Net, Maine Prescription Monitoring Program and outside providers as requested by the LIP.
- Communicating issues on the unit with the LIP when they are not on the unit.
- Maintain continuity when the LIP is out and there is another LIP covering.
- Assist with LIP groups as requested.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Competencies and skills:
* Achieves Results: Sets high standards for their own outcomes and seizes opportunities to engage others towards objectives. Consistently moves forward with direct actions in order to attain or exceed objectives. Manages their own time effectively to accomplish assigned tasks. Successfully prioritizes multiple projects and duties as needed.
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Demonstrates Emotional Intelligence: Exhibits a high level of self-awareness, self-management, other awareness and relationship management. Conducts themselves in an empathic, appropriate way, with a sense of humor and stimulates a collaborative work environment. Is respectful of the attitudes, feelings, or circumstances of others and aware of the influence of their own behavior on them. Is aware of relevant social, political, system, and professional trends and developments and uses this information for the organization's benefit.
* Effectively Communicates: Listens, speaks and writes appropriately, using clear language. Communication methods are fitting to the message(s), audience, and situation and follow-ups are regular and timely. Shows that important (non-) verbal information is absorbed and understood and asks further questions to clarify when necessary. Expresses ideas and views clearly to others and has ability to adjust use of language to the audiences' level.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* No previous experience required.
* Promotes Health and Safety: Promotes a healthy and safe environment for patients, employees and visitors. Advocates and models healthy physical and mental health behaviors even in challenging circumstances. Sets high quality standards and strives for continuous improvement and quality assurance by reporting and encouraging others to report near misses and safety issues.
* Provides Patient-Centered Care: Demonstrates understanding of patient care quality and service as organizational priority. Proactively supports change to improve patient experience and results. Exhibits the ability and willingness to find out what the patient wants and needs and to act accordingly, taking the organizational and outside resources into account. Cooperates, collaborates, communicates, and integrates care within and between teams to ensure that care is continuous and reliable.
Current certification or must successfully complete Certification Exam within 6 months of hire.
* High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED); successful completion of Medical Assistant program
* Potential exposure to abusive and/or aggressive people.
* Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
* Extend body and limbs to reach items.
* Continuous sitting.
* Continuous standing.
* Continuous walking.
Northern Light Acadia Hospital is an acute care, regional psychiatric hospital in Bangor, Maine that is a leader in the provision of tele-psychiatry services, including consultations to regional emergency departments and primary care practices. Northern Light Acadia Hospital offers innovative programming in the form of a behavioral home health, integrated behavioral healthcare in primary care practices, and a geriatric mood and memory clinic, which is involved in multiple clinical trials for promising Alzheimer's medications. The hospital is the sole corporate member of Northern Light Acadia Healthcare that provides a substance use disorder treatment program, case management services, and other outpatient mental health services in Penobscot, Waldo, and Knox counties. Northern Light Acadia Healthcare is the sole member of Restorative Health, LLC that operates an outpatient mental health clinic in Bangor. Northern Light Acadia Hospital is a member of Northern Light Health, an integrated statewide health delivery system that is raising the bar with no-nonsense solutions that are leading the way to a healthier future for our state. Northern Light Health offers a broad range of providers and services, including nine hospitals, primary care and specialty physician practices, long-term care, home health and hospice agencies, and emergency ground and air transport.
Bangor, Maine is a vibrant small city with easy access to Maine's spectacular coast, mountains, and lakes. Schools rank among New England's best with the flagship campus of the University of Maine located in the neighboring town of Orono. Bangor serves as the regional hub for medicine, the arts, and commerce. Bangor International Airport offers direct and one-stop service to most major destinations.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status